• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Class of 2005 - What text are you doing for Physical Journeys?? (1 Viewer)

What text are you doing?

• The Adventures of Hucklberry Finn by Mark Twain

Votes: 17 10.1%
  • Away by Michael Gow

Votes: 26 15.4%
  • Immigrant Chronicle by Peter Skrzynecki

Votes: 100 59.2%
  • Lionheart by Jesse Martin

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Rabbit Proof Fence directed by Philip Noyce

Votes: 15 8.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
For statistical purposes, please vote as per the poll.

Feel free to discuss the pros & cons of your prescribed text in this thread.

gna

HSC
this sucks....no one does rabbit proof fence ><

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
Huck. Is this the most boring book never?

Well our small-ish school w are reading Huck, and its 1 week til half-year exams and i'm still on chapter 15....i guess i SHOULD read the damn thing, or just watch the movie.

elissa

Water xXx
HSC
Immigrant Chronicle - Peter Skrzynecki
.... My related text is Castaway (movie starring Tom Hanks) ....

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
i saw bloody skrzynecki in person at the lectures. my first apperance of him was omg you must be fucking around with me, but it was so chubbish guy, with a bald patch.

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
Ugh, too much F***leberry Hinn; ridiculous.

I just hate the characters in the book so friggin' much! What's more, the journey isn't even really that big on features of a physical journey. Fair enough it's got obstacles and catalysts and other such stuff but there's no definant ending or even a destination. What's more, Huck's a little twit who rides around on a log raft with a naked 30-year-old! Ugh.

I must say, though, I do like the duke, not the king, the duke. That duke has sttttttttttttttyle.

m_isk

HSC
N/A
gna said:
this sucks....no one does rabbit proof fence ><
no it doesnt....the hsc markers will mark 250000 skrynblahblah essays and fall asleep, then you will grace them with your presence -and that of Rabbitproof Fence. :uhhuh:

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
m_isk said:
no it doesnt....the hsc markers will mark 250000 skrynblahblah essays and fall asleep, then you will grace them with your presence -and that of Rabbitproof Fence. :uhhuh:
... that's a highly simplified definition there buddy. They won't grace any shit you write if it's poorly structured, regardless of what texts you do, that's why they make you do some related texts, to diversify the responses.

just_)jeans

just_)jeans
HSC
Immigrant Chronicle

Goddammit i hate skzynecki!!! My chosen related text is monty python and the holy grail. pretty hard to discern any 'inner journeying' as a result of physical journeying though!

snowblack

bleh
HSC
wrong_turn said:
i saw bloody skrzynecki in person at the lectures. my first apperance of him was omg you must be fucking around with me, but it was so chubbish guy, with a bald patch.
yea he was weird...he came to our school last year and only talked to the polish people in the audience :p
my related texts is "the grapes of wrath" and "kandahar" , this fictional doco thing...

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
Whew! Well i never read past chapter 12 of *shudder* Huck Finn & i had my half-yearly but luckily i remember the bit about Huck's plan to escape from his father from the cabin. So i crapped on about that has much as i could...so hopefully i might just get a pass mark. But then i heard that its going to be in the HSC (like duh roz!) and i guess i better read the fricking thing.....or cheat & watch the movie, will i stay awake though cause my fricking english teacher has already ruined the ending!

babywhitto

snowblack said:
yea he was weird...he came to our school last year and only talked to the polish people in the audience :p
my related texts is "the grapes of wrath" and "kandahar" , this fictional doco thing...

yeah he came to our school and spoke polish to one girl but she didnt understnad...

i hate peter skrzynecki...so annoying. why would he write them!! he is putting us through hell!

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Whoah, so many people doing peter skrzynecki... i'm doing the adventures of huck finn.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)