• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Classical Greek Cont. & Ext. Class of 07 (8 Viewers)

lala2

Banned
HSC
Good to see that PLC is still the only girls' school to do Greek on a regular basis. Has PLC been upping the ante on promoting Greek as a subject? THREE people in your year? That's basically unheard of! I think all the years above us and our year (class of 2005) had just one Greek candidate every year, but I'm not sure about numbers for the 2006 class.

HSC
It's a bit of both I think! They only want to start Greek in year 9 now, which is a bit annoying, but now that Greek is offered within the time table, more people seem to be doing it, I think? That means I guess there are good reasons for why more people can choose greek now!

There was one last year and there's 2 in year 11 and yr 10...there's about 4 or 5 in year 9 though, which is BRILLIANT!!!

We're just hoping they all stick around...

Mr Gumby

HSC
antiphon said:
there's a background to it? that's...um...reassuring. I think. I'd make a joke about Olson's dubious sexuality here, but we've already done that millions of times in Greek. but that theory explains a lot...

still - I reserve my right to masculinity.

why does our school's method of scaling reflect the HSC so badly???
Oh Jeremy. At least Ken gets Barbie. Shrek has his donkey.
I could make a tasteless joke about you being emasculated by the Greek exam, or your aggregate results, but I won't, because that's already been done many times before. And because I'm not that kind of guy.
With any luck, our school's scaling system reflects the HSC perfectly well.

Fakhri

HSC
just a quick note...donkey gets dragon and shrek gets Fiona.....

Btw steve if you ever come on this site again....if you think that classical greek is so bad...why do you know soo many people who do it...or are at least honourary greekies....and as steph said teaching it to yourself...

Steph i am not a homaphrodite...thankyou...wait i might be...cause i have girlish tendencies...yet still remain as dirty as ever...meh..

Last edited:
HSC
Zara, you can be the team hermaphrodite because I want to be annoying, soh there? XD

And nice work on owning Nicholas Zara! XDDDD
Barbie's out of proportion and all icky while Fiona can do KARATE, plus ogre babies are way cuter than Barbie babies! XD

And Zara, I know I'll remain dirty for AGES, point being!? XD

:wave:

HSC
Steph, you mean you won't ever stop being dirty?

Apparently Ebby is refusing to teach Greek if only two or so people pick it up in Year 9 D:
She's killing us even more.

Anyone planning to (gasp) stop working tonight to see this lunar eclipse?

HSC
I'm a teenage boy remember? You shouldn't expect me to mature until I reach about 30...hopefully...

WHUT!?!?!?!? SINCE WHEN!?!?!?!?! THAT'S HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT THE HELL!?!?! Where did you get that from!?

Yep. XD My dad's a bit obsessed.

Fakhri

HSC
BASTARD...IF SHE DOES THAT...HOW DARE SHE

WHY THE **** would she do that....why...then poor people like us won't be able to do greek...

i will personally kill her..or at least she will be on my hit list even before everyone else...

She can't....Mr brown needs to come back and knock some sense into her...

EVERYONE SHOULD BE LOOKING AT THE ECLIPSE NOW...i am going

Fakhri

HSC
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

pg 11....hah i knew my ranting was great......people now just need to read it

HSC
Well my theory is you posted the same thing twice so that doesn't count! :p:p:p

That's horrible. Well I say if she's going to say something like that she's got to go around and start promoting the upside of doing greek vehemently so that she will get her class of over 2 people.

It's getting there. I've been checking the moon every so often thanks to my enthusiastic mother. XD

ekirii

iota
HSC
i didnt realise the classical greek thread was so active. not bad considering how 'dead' we're supposed to be. oh btw, steph, zara, one of the two pymble 08 candidature. had our greek exam yesterday. the unseen, as rachel put it, was so typically greek with its uh, battles? i think we both sighed with relief that it was back to stuff we were more used to (as opposed to chapter ... 25, i think).

fantastic eclipse, went outside and watched it on lang lawn.

Mr Gumby

HSC
Fakhri said:
just a quick note...donkey gets dragon and shrek gets Fiona.....

Btw steve if you ever come on this site again....if you think that classical greek is so bad...why do you know soo many people who do it...or are at least honourary greekies....and as steph said teaching it to yourself...

Steph i am not a homaphrodite...thankyou...wait i might be...cause i have girlish tendencies...yet still remain as dirty as ever...meh..
I'm sorry, I've never seen any of the Shrek films, and I've never played with barbie dolls either. I'm sure Jeremy will be disappointed to hear Shrek gets Fiona - he probably would have preferred the donkey.

By the way, I found photos of me in a toga from that basketball game. You'll also notice Jeremy, dressed as the pirate in the top left.

Last edited:

Fakhri

HSC
hey......
That photo fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!! HEHEHEHE...

You look great nicholas...although a little young..(and we are weird...yeah!!)

you have to wear that out one day..possible at the seminar day although thats i guess an official day...but if it is muck up day...
please..please wear it...make me laugh..(smiles pleadingly)
So one of them is dressed up as the queen and one as the pope and as julie andrews from the sound of music???
Well v. v. funny

BTW ki said that you would play netball if i made u...well i am ordering you to...we (as in steph ki and i) have decided that you would be a great defence..your height would be an advantage..

Also you watched gilmore girls episode...did you like it??? I hope so i love them soooo sooooo sooo much the best show ever (beside onetreehill)

NOrmal question (shocking i know)...have u guys finished your ancient history and bio course???????
i hope not cause we have not....sadly (no revision...and i love revision)

anyway...great photo...funniest thing i have SEEN all day (heard other things)

Also don't worry you will eventual see Shrek one of the funniest movies....and barbie dolls, why oh why did you never play with them...not even once...sadens me deeply..i still occasionaly play with barbie dolls, i don't have a ken though so barbie ends up with barbie (k, sorry)

HSC
ekirii said:
i didnt realise the classical greek thread was so active. not bad considering how 'dead' we're supposed to be. oh btw, steph, zara, one of the two pymble 08 candidature. had our greek exam yesterday. the unseen, as rachel put it, was so typically greek with its uh, battles? i think we both sighed with relief that it was back to stuff we were more used to (as opposed to chapter ... 25, i think).

fantastic eclipse, went outside and watched it on lang lawn.
XD! The thing is we don't really know how to shut up so this thread will hopefully remain active for a very long time. I must warn you, you will in light of our new theory be turning into a boy, but never fear you won't be alone!!

Sorry for officially scaring you! XD

How was your exam by the way!? Was Mr B nice to you!? XD

Oh yes the battles! I don't think you'll be doing lovely old Thucy next year, but you will probably get something equally YUCKY!!! So where are you guys up to now!?

@Nicholas: Lurvely toga my dear! XD Wear it on study day, pretty please!?

Don't watch Gilmore Girls either!!!!! Watch something better like ok I approve of One Tree Hill (that was good), but watch stuff like HOUSE and That 70's Show, coz they're even better!!!!

And for once in my life I'm going to encourage someone ie you to listen to Zara!! (minus the Gilmore Girls thing!)

@Zara:DUDE WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU NEVER HAD ANY KENS!?!?! It's all part of the Barbie experience! I had two! One with the plastic blond hair and the other one was the HAWT prince from Beauty and the Beast with REAL hair! My Kens took on very interesting rolls indeed at times...mass murders, rapists, kidnappers....you know or general bastards and stuff! (shut up I was not a disturbed child...just very creative!!!!) But yeah, it's called 7 somes (1 guy and 6 girls) my dear (you only get to complete girl on girl if your desperate!!!). Luckily between my sister and Blondie and her sister we almost had enough guys for our Bratz dolls...they all turned out GAY including the guys in the end!!!

And Zara, check your bloody email! You're making me turn into you about ranting about things that are somewhat completely irrelevant to EVERYTHING while I'm waiting for you or Ki to confirm some homework crap. See now I've inflicted my disturbing Barbie rant on everyone and it's all your FAULT! :p :p :p

antiphon

HSC
of course we're mean to him. but he's mean to everybody. so the great cosmic scale of meanness evens out in the end anyway.

HSC
D: Steeeeph.
The most creative thing I did to my Barbies was to marry them off to my brother's action men at the end of whatever adventure he was playing.
I had two Kens too -- the plastic blond hair and the gelled brown real hair that is now stuck up in some kind of permanent Dragonball Z hairstyle (just like the freaky guy at the station).

Karma's still going to bite you. Is a vindictive little thing, Karma.

HSC
XDDDDDDDDDDDDD to you then Ki! XD Dragon Ball Z hair-style made me amused very muchly!!!

I know! One day we should get together and play BARBIES again (if we can find them) and see how creative (and or sad) we can get...ok bad idea!

Jeremy's right you know, meaness cancels itself out, like when we're all mean to each other it cancels itself out eventually! Then again us girls are nicer to each other than boys!

XD Karma! I am a revenge expert now thanks to Ext English, alas!!!

anthropoestin

HSC
three pages in but a few days!???

Your dear King Alex II goes away to do his trial, and he's inundated with pages of greeek ranting.....I'm not going to lie and say that it didn't make my night haha

still, i'm not sure i can condone this swapping gender roles - id rather keep my masculinity; and who said classicists couldn't?? in fact, my teacher was an olympic medalist in rowing!...helsinki i think...though i've avoided the sport with gusto..

Nicholas - THE GARDEN PARTY! We have the same thing! Except ours is called American Tea (no one knows why; another funny tradition) and is always on the first friday of September..except we are having the inaugral Thursday American Tea this year because of APEC...it's all most exciting.

Ours does sound different though...well...much rowdier. the etiquette kind of gets thrown out the window at Shore when American Tea comes into play...what with the bucking bull, the dunk 'em, trash and treasure, the china wall...and so many good looking mums out...

crap i'm supposed to be turning into a girl aren't i?

PLC Girls - What did my trial look like? Did it have one unseen about some magical love spell from Hippolytus...and the essay questions were compare and contrast Electra and Orestes...and did Demosthenes emerge with any credit..and it had a pink front? ummm and the Thuc unseen was all about a revolt from the Athenians?

I've been looking at yours...most interesting...

About the bball photo......

hahaha joking...

now i have year 11 exams to do...NO!!!!!!!!!!
oh well...

btw!!!! Lady of Disdain - how do you know Russian?? I'm learning it too!
ya govrya po rouski...except wheres the font lol

Last edited:
HSC
XD! We're just that great...or that NUTS!

This is the result of what happens when more than one bunch of Greek Freaks get together...it's an absolute mad-house where all the crazyness bestowed on us (love classics) explodes...or something to that extent!

Just because your Classics teacher won some rowing medal it doesn't mean that he wasn't secretly a really strong girl... >> << >>

And you're a girl until you can prove you're mentally more of a teenage boy than me. XD

Yes you are a girl, so no perving on "yummy mummys" allowed! XD ...well I guess you could always be a Leso!!

YES! Your trial looked exactly like the one we were given before you actually did it bahahahaha! XD
You should definitely tell your teacher you're in contact with us and that we had your trial before you did and we were nice enough not to tell you anything! By the way did the typewrite kappas annoy you as much as they annoyed us...to the extent that we decided we were too lazy to attempt the unseen in class because the kappas were too distracting!!!

Yeah...our trial. >> << >> Well maybe if I'd actually studied the set texts and the commentary properly I wouldn't be so anti it...oh well I've got time to learn them it's ok...I've got to do 50 lines of Homer tonight, as well as 4 sections of Livy. Mean languages!

Yr 11 exams so do not count, my dear, so don't worry about them so much!

XD! Well I haven't actually started learning Russian yet. I'm working my way through knowing the alphabet backwards first and then I'll eventually start on the basic grammar and such! I can only really write my name (with my lovely made up patronimic) and know how to add grand duchess at the start of my name. I got my font from character map. I may do Russian at uni next year, provided I do Global/International Studies...either Russian or I'll go back to French seeing as I've already done it for 6 years (yet remember pretty much jack shit)...also MODERN GREEK is one language that is huge on my agenda so I can talk to family and yell at my modern greek friends! XD XD XD

Velikaya Knyazhna Stepanya Markovna also known as The Divine Empress Stephania the Cruel

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)