• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Cloud Street, Frontline, Hamlet & Rosencrantz and Guildenstern (1 Viewer)

In Need Of Help

:eek: I am in grave danger... The HSC is in almost a week and i have hardly studied and have been sort of post-poning studying till the next... continuously. I have no real idea what is expected of me in the HSC for my Advanced English Course and am stuck because I dont have any good info for Cloudstreet and Hamlet/Rosencrantz and Guildenstern. If anyone has a good essay that they have typed up or know some very good supplementary material that i could use please post a message in this post or send an e-mail to beaul@iprimus.com.au :confused:

ps. the links on the boredofstudies website dont seem to work in the advanced english section for me :(

Englishfreak

I posted the same queston for R&G and Hamlet and somebody replied to tell me that you don't need sup. texts for it because its a critical study of text and you look at the two of those against each other. For frountline i found some really good sup. material.
-Backburner
-CNNN
-The Chaser web page www.chaser.com.au (by the same people as CNNN)
-The Matrix
-Yes Minister
-Full Frountal
-Fast forward
-The lyrics from Media by the John Butler Trio
-The insider
-Darkness at noon.
I found all of these posted on other peoples forum messages so i hope that they will help.
Good luck.:)

CHUDYMASTER

Master of Chudy 'n' Curry
HSC
Hmm...

CNN? Or CNNNN? There's no such thing as CNNN. Man I love that show (the one with 4 Ns)

In Need Of Help

Thank You English Freak I appreciate you helping. :cool:

I do know another supplementary for Frontline... its a poem called "Dulce Et Decorum Est". Its about World War 2 and uses many language devices that you can refer to.

Also still if anyone has a any practise essays that they have written and would like to share.. please do :D

Also does anyone know how many Supplementary we need for Frontline, Hamlet/Rosencrantz and Cloudstreet.

(I know you said none for the comparative study... but are you sure..)

owie

i am also in real need of some advice on cloudstreet...theres nothing..i got the excel thats pretty shit...i need somethin else..

if anyone has any info or help material on cloudstreet it would b much appreciated.

tell me where a a good source is or if u could plz email 2 owie35@hotmail.com

Dan_the_man

Numbers

I'm not sure about Frontline or Change
but for Hamlet/RAGAD, 0- u are studying the transformations between the two
Cloudstreet, 0- Critical study of the text

Englishfreak

:rolleyes: I am absolutely positive that you do not need another material for transformations. I went down to my school and asked three diffrent english teachers just to make sure because i thought it was to good to be true. Then just to be sure i called my cousin who is an advanced english marker and she assured me that you do not require related material. So that is one whole module taken care of isn't it cool. I hope that this is helpfull and sorry about the typo in CNNNN i was not sure how many N's it had.:cool:

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
Even if you ain't planning to, watch Chaser NoN-stop News Network (otherwise known as CNNNN) and Backberner Thursday night, and tape them. You might find yourself in need of stuff to fill the blanks.

They probably won't say the number you have to use, but try and fit 2 in... (or 3, if you're feeling lucky) this constitutes "wide reading".

espo14

Banned
why do people think that others will be so willing to hand over all their hard work to help someone they dont even know out simply because you've been procrastinating.
i doubt you'll get any offers of practice essays buddy.

Menace2Sobriety

You tellem A-man.

Anyway, to the poster of this thread, english isn't too hard. Just cram like bitch. A week is enough. I crammed english in one night.

espo14

Banned
Menace2Sobriety said:
You tellem A-man.

Anyway, to the poster of this thread, english isn't too hard. Just cram like bitch. A week is enough. I crammed english in one night.
quiet now henry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)