• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

co-op scholarships - what do you need? (1 Viewer)

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
they asked me "what is the most significant thing high school brought you?"

if you put down you know programming, they will test you!

yes, prepare a situation for conflict resolution (i forgot to prepare for that one, lol)

EDIT: i had a thread on co-op last year, you might want to revive that or just look at it.

Smudge

HSC
I am in the Bachelor of Accounting Scholarship at UTS...
and the biggest advice I have to give is DON'T Lie on your scholarship application...

And Giant Lobster I am SURE you have stuff to put on your application without lying...

In school I know there was compuslory stuff like sport and I am sure you must have helped in some kind of charity work... like collect money for Jeans for Genes? or Amnesty? or Legacy?
Did you ever do Public speaking? Like I know in my school we had to do speeches as part of english...

If you have leadership skills when did you use them??
You must have used them at some point to realise you had them!
Did you ever lead a team for a class project? Organise a school dance? Help at a swimming carnival?

For there you already can put down:
Sport- e.g. School Basketball, it was a compulsory but I learnt valuable skills like team work, we played for fun but I feel I learnt alot about dedication (e.g. for training) etc etc
Charity Support- I worked with a group of students to organise a fundraising activity which enabled us to raise $**** for the charity group****. It helped me widen my mind onmore global and social issues such as blah blah blah and blah...
Public Speaking_ Though this was only in class it helped me build confidence and improved my communication skills, enabling me to be able to confidently execute presentations for the class etc etc

Then in the interview you can talk about what you talked abotu in your class speak, how you felt anxious at first but then gained more confidence. You can talk about the preparation of your speech and how you managed your time effectively in order to complete it on time...

...pretty easy. And my biggest advice is that you be yourself and APPLY! You have nothing to lose...

BTW you sooo shoul dbe doing extra-ciricular activities in hgihschool... so many opportunities! And I love Co-op cos it rewards people who did other things in school and helped others during the HSC rather than those who were selfish and didn't share notes and chose to study instead of broadening their mind...

grimreaper

HSC
Well I'm hoping to get into a co-op scholarship for actuarial studies. I'm sure I have the extra curricular activities necessary because I've done bronze, silver and gold Duke of Edinburgh's Award (which requires a lot of leadership and community service kind of stuff) but I'm just worried I wont have good enough results. My trial ranks were good but my assessment rank for english was pretty bad, so I guess I'll just have to wait and see if it satisfies them (I'm confident I can get the required uai for it)

jayz

walking
coop, it's just a fancy name for part time work...

serzly, i am getn nothing out of my 1st yr industry exp, in fact i am suppose to be 'working' right now, as i am typing up this reply...:p

looking forward to bludging at uni nxt yr

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)