• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Combinatorics Q (1 Viewer)

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Answering part (ii) involves using the answer you got from (i), which is 14!, as follows:

Let E be the event where Will, Mike, Dustin and Lucas are seated together.

1688886050719.png

I hope this helps! :D

Average Boreduser

Rising Renewal
HSC
Hmmm, could you show your version of working for this q?
It would be exactly what jim has written down. This is more theory you will need to learn to beforehand to understand how to answer the qn. You should compare cases when you select a few people in a circular table. You'll notice that some cases overlap, which is compensated for by -ing 1 from the people you arrange (take one person as a reference).

Last edited:

moonsuyoung

im hungry
HSC
It would be exactly what jim has written down. This is more theory you will need to learn to beforehand to understand how to answer the qn. You should compare cases when you select a few people in a circular table. You'll notice that some cases overlap, which is compensated for by -ing 1 from the people you arrange (take one person as a reference).
yaaa I'm pretty sure for this case it would be a "restriction" in perms and combs?

carrotsss

HSC
Hmmm, could you show your version of working for this q?
Whenever you do a circular combinatorics q, you always need to fix one person in place as a reference point, since otherwise you're including rotations of the circle which are actually the same.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)