• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Comm/Sci (Adv. Maths) vs Comm/Sci (1 Viewer)

KevinWu

HSC
Sup guys.
I was just wondering which course would be more beneficial to me wanting to become an investment banker, i.e. major in finance.
Whats the difference between Adv. Maths and the maths in a normal science major?
Does Adv. Maths limit ur flexiblity in university, i.e. you can't take psychology as a minor and your forced to complete some random maths unit?

robb3d

HSC
I'm doing Com/Sci.

You can only choose one major in Business and one major in Science.

Adv maths is probably the hardest stream of undergrad maths (probably wrong - I run from numbers).

Probably, you can only undertake some hard maths subjects once they accept you in that program (Adv Maths).

If you want to be an IB - then I would recommend you stick in Com and look to transfer to combined Law after the first year.

Higher maths generally goes with actuaries.

KevinWu

HSC
I'm doing Com/Sci.

You can only choose one major in Business and one major in Science.

Adv maths is probably the hardest stream of undergrad maths (probably wrong - I run from numbers).

Probably, you can only undertake some hard maths subjects once they accept you in that program (Adv Maths).

If you want to be an IB - then I would recommend you stick in Com and look to transfer to combined Law after the first year.

Higher maths generally goes with actuaries.
Why law? why is law so beneficial to finance??

leoyh

mic`
HSC
It's not, there just seems to be this perception attached to it that employers love

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)