• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Commerce/law (1 Viewer)

Wohzazz

HSC
I was wondering if anyone knew what is the difference between the course at Usyd and UNSW.

Which university has a better law? how about commerce?

And how about Macq Uni? Its actuary/ law course? Is its law course any good?

santaslayer

HSC
AHAHZAHAHAAH.......:rofl:......Asqy peeved .....LoLz

I'm basically caught up in two forums about Law atm, but if you did an advanced search for Law, I'm sure you'd get a handful of threads. :)

It also depends on what you want to do with your double degree. Which one do you want to use predominatley? If I was to use Commerce more, than I would prefer UNSW for many influential reasons. If you are using Law only, than the better Law school is quite debateable, and sometimes very firey if you check. :p

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
It's suggested that you visit each uni on open day and get a feel of which campus u like better

the differences between UNSW and USYD com/law is very subjective, and theres a lot of conflicting opinion - best option is to form your own

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
it's funny how ppl are so med/dentistry, com/law, actuarial these days...

ten years from now we're gonna have this oversupply of doctors, lawyers and actuaries...

oh and in answer to your question, UTS: Law is best.

jay2000

Highest Member
HSC
wonder why santa didnt say UOW is the best to study law..

heh...isnt there already an oversupply of lawyers in sydney?
i read in smh saying something about there's more office space for law firms in the CBD then retail space now...dont be so pessimistic frigid..! otherwise whats gonna happen to ppl like us in future? we'll all be bums who cant get a job~

BUT...the question is UNSW law is ur best option :D

Ziff

HSC
N/A
ANU. It's the best at everything because the whole place is a hotbed of crazy researchers. Any other university pales in comparison :p

Blackalicious

HSC
ANU is the best! and a hell of alot easier to get into
From the research ive done i.e calling up law firms and asking who thier likely to employ...
1.USYD
2 UNSW=ANU
3. UTS
4. Mac and UOW

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by jay2000
wonder why santa didnt say UOW is the best to study law..

heh...isnt there already an oversupply of lawyers in sydney?
i read in smh saying something about there's more office space for law firms in the CBD then retail space now...dont be so pessimistic frigid..! otherwise whats gonna happen to ppl like us in future? we'll all be bums who cant get a job~

BUT...the question is UNSW law is ur best option :D

1) Hmmm..I was on drugs:p

NO. I did not say anything about UoW basically because the question did not specifically ask about UoW or allowed me to talk about it. The question specifically targeted UNSW and USYD and if I was to add my opinion on an unrelated, (but far more superior :p) university, then it would constitute to :spam: !

(Unlike friggey and Ziff :p :p)

Wohzazz

HSC
Originally posted by Asquithian
do a search for gods sake...1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 threads on this topic
i'm so sorry. But shouldn't hurt to answer it again.

Originally posted by Minai
It's suggested that you visit each uni on open day and get a feel of which campus u like better

the differences between UNSW and USYD com/law is very subjective, and theres a lot of conflicting opinion - best option is to form your own
How could i form my own one when i haven't done my course at any?
Originally posted by Frigid

ten years from now we're gonna have this oversupply of doctors, lawyers and actuaries...

not really, just that places for them are more competitive than others. Other courses will be filled with other university students. PLus, we could always go overseas.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by Ziff
ANU. It's the best at everything because the whole place is a hotbed of crazy researchers. Any other university pales in comparison :p
yeah, ANU has won a noble prize.

cheesegrater

Overlord of the universe
Originally posted by Ziff
hmm id say its more correct to say the ANU institutes have won a nobel prize once ur at the uni, you realise there is an invisible wall down the middle, The Institutes (of advanced studies) where all the uber smart people stay to one side and the faculties that have there own post grad programs stay to the other side, Two seperate places in all but name.

ohne

HSC

Yes, I bet that is the reason you posted a thread in the UNSW forum about wanting to transfer there:rolleyes:

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC

oh and in answer to your question, UTS: Law is best.[/size]
nah, gotta have more lawyer, acturies and doctors. imagine a world without them.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Wohzazz
How could i form my own one when i haven't done my course at any?
What I meant was form your own opinion based on open days (or the Good Uni Guide)
By your logic, how do you expect people here to say one uni is better than another when they've only studied at that one uni?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by santaslayer
Unles your like Laz, Minai, or CM_Tutor who have studied at more than one. :)
I've only been at UNSW.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by ohne
Yes, I bet that is the reason you posted a thread in the UNSW forum about wanting to transfer there:rolleyes:
yes... i'm vacating a place at UTS for ppl for worthy than me to do law at the best law school ever! :D

Wohzazz

HSC
Originally posted by Minai
What I meant was form your own opinion based on open days (or the Good Uni Guide)
By your logic, how do you expect people here to say one uni is better than another when they've only studied at that one uni?
Well i thought maybe uni students knew more since they are more 'experienced' from open days, listening to friends who went to other unis and thus form an opinion on this that may be useful to share with high school students

Blackalicious

HSC
Yeah but you have to pick whats right for you and as demonstrated by this thread EVERYONE has a different opinion but go dig up some old threads on Law with CM-tutor in them, his advice is the best! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)