• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

comp sci (2 Viewers)

ziggyboy

HSC
adsta said:
Sounds like they are trying to prepare you guys for csci203.
112 also has Big-O/complexities, plus when I did 121 with Willy (now 124) he taught introductory Big-O. I also did 203 so now I'm really sick of algorithm complexities. 112 goes a bit further by exploring stuff like loop invariants, automata, turing machines and the like...

ziggyboy

HSC
poloktim said:
I would do CSCI112 this session, but my hands are full with other (all core) subjects.
You posted your timetable in another thread and it has 2 Japanese language subjects (wtf?). That's not core at all (unless you're doing a double degree). Are you planning to find a programming job in Japan?

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
ziggyboy said:
You posted your timetable in another thread and it has 2 Japanese language subjects (wtf?). That's not core at all (unless you're doing a double degree). Are you planning to find a programming job in Japan?
I'm also majoring in Japanese. Japanese core first year subjects are JAPA141, JAPA142, JAPA110, and JAPA143 (summer).

I hope to find one in Japan for a while, yeah. It'd be great if I could.

ziggyboy

HSC
poloktim said:
I'm also majoring in Japanese. Japanese core first year subjects are JAPA141, JAPA142, JAPA110, and JAPA143 (summer).

I hope to find one in Japan for a while, yeah. It'd be great if I could.
Cool. I actually lived in Japan during 7th and 8th grade. I went to a Canadian school - http://www.canacad.ac.jp but didn't learn much Japanese, just enough to ask for directions. I actually don't mind living there again...a Japanese friend of mine said it's easy to find jobs there if you know English. Many Jap companies are looking for English speakers especially in the field of IT.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)