• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Creating a website. Help? (1 Viewer)

princessmess

HSC
Okay, so the deal is, I was looking at 2003's HSC IPT paper, and one of the questions was:

a group of students want to stay in touch with each other after completing their HSC examinations. they expect that members of their group will move to locations all over Australia for employment or tertiary education. thy are considering developing a website that would include the following:
- access to a database of contact information such as names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses;
- latest news about members pf the group;
- a diary of upcoming social events;
- photos and video clips from previous social events.

Okay call me crazy but it sounds great. I have friends going ALL over the place for uni next year, and it'd be a great way to keep in touch.
I was thinking a moodle, cuz a blog and seperate logons for everyone would be great. I think there's about 20 or so of us.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Ta,
Rachael
x.

Excalibur_

Not an Executive Member
HSC
A good program to have a play around with is Wordpress (wordpress.org). You're gonna need a host with PHP / MySQL for this purpose, though.

It's a blogging program that lets you set up static pages as well. You can lock pages to certain access groups to (in case of your DB of contact info). You can use the blog to post news etc and there are plugins that let you have galleries.

Feel free to PM if you need more advice.

princessmess

HSC
my dear, you are genius. it's excellent!

thank you so very very much.

x.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
It's a lot of work, might cost money and probably wont be worth the effort in the long run.

You're much better off just joining up to facebook or myspace so that you are able to to communicate and network with all your friends.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
You could just set up a group in blogger or one of the multitude of blogging sites out there, rather than make one from scratch.

princessmess

HSC
i understand all this, but i wanted to do something just for us, our group.

i think i've got it covered. i'd like to go into web design or multimedia anyway so this is a start i guess :)

thanks anyway guys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)