• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

"deal or no deal" is a Mindless crappy show (1 Viewer)

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
i think this show is one of the stupidest creations on national television. It does not require any sort of skill, or knowledge. Just random repetative guesssing. The prizes are just different amounts of money. Hosts last attempts to make the show not get booed of the air by making crappy jokes is lame. He is not funny and the participants have to pretend to luagh.

lets hope nomore seasons of this sh1t will pollute the airwaves.

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
they're appealing to the 'lowest common denominators' [you do not know how many times i've heard that over and over in eng class]

it is pretty stupid, but meh...some ppl like it because it doesn't require any thinking, so they can just sit back and watch. some people just don't like to think. and it allows anyone to win money without working hard - something everyone wants.

but most people do like to think, and that's why 'smarter' shows such as CSI are most watched

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
hey i got an idea lets make a separate thread for every show we hate

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
shows are bigger than songs

there are too many songs to love/hate

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
table for 1 said:
shows are bigger than songs

there are too many songs to love/hate
i didnt even want to say anything, abotu how stupid breakings post was, but yuo said it man. u moron.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
SashatheMan said:
i didnt even want to say anything, abotu how stupid breakings post was, but yuo said it man. u moron.
yeah man now that i look back on it i can't even begin to comprehend the sheer ridiculousness of my post.

v sia

HSC
SashatheMan said:
i think this show is one of the stupidest creations on national television. It does not require any sort of skill, or knowledge. Just random repetative guesssing. The prizes are just different amounts of money. Hosts last attempts to make the show not get booed of the air by making crappy jokes is lame. He is not funny and the participants have to pretend to luagh.

lets hope nomore seasons of this sh1t will pollute the airwaves.
Its entertaining to watch ( well i like watching the end ) . Besides as if they give a shit what individuals like you think , its kicking " prices is right " 's ass big time on ratings and thats all that matters.

Im suprised the show's lasted this long considering the layout , im sure they'd tweak it a little as time goes on and id have to agree with your remarks on the host , he's the 1 that's keeping it alive.

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
v sia said:
Its entertaining to watch ( well i like watching the end ) . Besides as if they give a shit what individuals like you think , its kicking " prices is right " 's ass big time on ratings and thats all that matters.
Very true. Infact it usually doubles the number of viewers of price is right in Sydney.

It's not a bad show, it does its job - to entertain and thats what people want at 5.30.

I wouldnt call CSI the smartest show in the world either, it takes you by the hand and its very explicit at times making it easy to follow unlike complex shows like Lost.

v sia

HSC
routemarker said:
I wouldnt call CSI the smartest show in the world either, it takes you by the hand and its very explicit at times making it easy to follow unlike complex shows like Lost.
i totally disagree , if you miss out on lets say 5 minutes of CSI , you'll be completely lost.

Complex shows like Lost ??? ........ i dont understand ......... discuss

HSC
But the show is so stupid now that they have severly reduced the values in the briefcases. Whereas people used to average around $30000-50000, they are now lucky to get $10000 seeing as how the bank thing is so tightass.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
so someone tell me whats the strategy in picking suitcases and hoping its a low dollar amount? getting out of the game at the right bank offer is not a strategy.

the participant doesnt even have a say what will happen next in the show, he just randomly picks suitcases hoping for the best, this show blows

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
routemarker said:
Very true. Infact it usually doubles the number of viewers of price is right in Sydney.

It's not a bad show, it does its job - to entertain and thats what people want at 5.30.
i dont believe that one bit. i want to see some statistics from a good source. price is right , is quite lame aswell, but its much better then this shit

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
SashatheMan said:
i dont believe that one bit. i want to see some statistics from a good source. price is right , is quite lame aswell, but its much better then this shit
I dont think its a big mystery that the price is right is rating badly. National Nine News use it as an excuse as to why they are loosing the grip on viewers across the country as seven benifits from the deal leadin. Infact when nine aired live coverage of the popes funeral deal had more than twice the number of viewers. The Price is Right is usually 4th behind the abc in its timeslot.

Just do some google searches, i doubt you'd find anything good about it.

v sia

HSC
Trippendicular said:
But the show is so stupid now that they have severly reduced the values in the briefcases. Whereas people used to average around $30000-50000, they are now lucky to get $10000 seeing as how the bank thing is so tightass.
its always been like that , its not the shows fault that people average around $10000 , its the stupid contestents that go " 1 more " . Oh and that dude that won the 200 k , it looked a little bit staged any1 else agree?

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Almost all shows on T.V. are mindless and crappy.

T.V. would have to be one of the first oppressors in the history of mankind which has actually been accepted with open arms by the vast majority. Perhaps that's because its oppression isn't physical.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)