• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

"deal or no deal" is a Mindless crappy show (2 Viewers)

Trogie

HSC
Slide Rule said:
Almost all shows on T.V. are mindless and crappy.

T.V. would have to be one of the first oppressors in the history of mankind which has actually been accepted with open arms by the vast majority. Perhaps that's because its oppression isn't physical.
Agreed. But it is pretty funny when the contestant is stuck with the 50c and $1 briefcases as the last two. Shows them right for being greedy

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Slide Rule said:
Almost all shows on T.V. are mindless and crappy.

T.V. would have to be one of the first oppressors in the history of mankind which has actually been accepted with open arms by the vast majority. Perhaps that's because its oppression isn't physical.
man you dont know what yuor tlaking about. as if tv is all midless. what about all those documentories and movies that make you think. its only the crap u watch thats midless

v sia

HSC
SashatheMan said:
man you dont know what yuor tlaking about. as if tv is all midless. what about all those documentories and movies that make you think. its only the crap u watch thats midless
Every single show thats on requires some degree of thinking .

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
SashatheMan said:
man you dont know what yuor tlaking about. as if tv is all midless. what about all those documentories and movies that make you think.
Note the word 'almost' in my post. Not to mention that not every documentary can necessarily be called an intelligent way to pass time (some are downright rubbish). And movies that make you think? None of them can do so as well as a book.

It's not necessarily whether or not the show makes you think, either, it's how the show conditions you to think; that's what is important.

its only the crap u watch thats midless
I don't watch T.V. anymore Q.E.D.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Slide Rule said:
And movies that make you think? None of them can do so as well as a book.

I don't watch T.V. anymore Q.E.D.

i dont agree with that i tihnk that sometihng visual that has alot alot of deptth in it is much better then a book. and televison someimtes provised that. thats my view

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Hmm. Well my reasoning was that books FORCE you to visualise it instead of you being spoonfed. Further they require active participation on the responder's part, not passive as with T.V. Also further, books don't go 100 km/h like television does. If you want to stop and think with a book you can. With T.V. the information overload is likely to decrease information retention rates, not to mention that you can't really think about something with any depth when your mind's going that fast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)