• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Deja Vu (1 Viewer)

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
I'm thinking of seeing this
anyone heard anything good about it?

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Preview looked pretty good. Very surprising when I saw that ferry just blow up at the start.

What if you had to tell someone the most important thing in the world, but you knew they'd never believe you?
I'd try.

You think you know what's coming? You don't have a clue.

:)

bronti

HSC
i thought the trailer for deja vu looked crap
same for apocalypto

denzel washington?

Last edited:

proo

HSC
o_O i saw deja vu. It's quite alright. Sort of a typical kind of action movie, but satsifying enough.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
And it was actually pretty good. This is Denzel Washington we're talking about here; the only bad movies he's done were Inside Man and Training Day and the only reason they were no good was because he wasn't suited to the roles he played. Plus, the plot here is actually fairly coherent; time travel films usually mess with the audience's heads too much. It ain't perfect, but it's still good.

goan_crazy

HSC
damn i didn't end up seeing it on thurs
saw apocalypto instead

ok i might go and see it tonight then.

forevaunited

HSC
Man i thought this was friken brilliant. Apart from the suspect way in which time travel is done, the movie was really good. The thing is, it doesn't neccessarily have to be completely believable, you just accept it and yeah its a good movie.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
haven't seen this movie yet. I want too, though. The parts I've seen look really confusing (time creating new branches, HUH?) but I'm sure if I actually sat down and watched the whole thing, it would make more sense.

Hahahaha, when the ferry blew up I jolted so bad. The music really made that moment, I totally wasn't expecting it. The torch's light went everywhere when I jolted and everyone looked at me. :| yep, smooooooooooooth.

goan_crazy

HSC
i still haven't seen it as plans fell through again
hopefully will be seeing it tomorrow night.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
I give it 3/10 - not a great movie at all. I would have given 5 but the ending was just pathetic.

How many movies have been made like that though?

Back to the Future?
The Terminator
The One
The Time Machine
There is one more cant remember the name

but all the above were much better. The only thing better here was that it was a crime genre apart from that it was just the same old thing but not as good.

Typically Denzel - emotional detective kinda role - similar if not same to Inside Man.

Gee I wonder how he got that laser pointer through security? Considering u do it wrong three times - all the alarms go off? - lol.

Um the opening credits were brillaint - Tony Scott's style - Numbers!.
Um Jerry Bruckheimer is a fag, if he gets wrong - its just pathetic - but when he gets it rite its pretty gud movie - this time he got it wrong.

Um a lot mistakes scientifically throughout the movie.

Like the 'past player' - only 4 hours huh? Just imagine if you could go back and watch it - and go back watch it again. You know how in the barbershop - u have those mirrors one on either side and if your sitting lookingt at ur mirror and u see the reflection of the other mirror u see the reflection again and again...

watched the previews before - Nicolas Cage's Rider looks awesome - so does TMNT, and so the other Bikey movie with Tim Allen, etc. maybe they kinda dented this movie lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)