• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Design Success / Failure (1 Viewer)

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
what would you say is the most obvious reflection of a design's success or failure..... if u look at a design, how would u determine whether it has been a success or not?

chamelia

HSC
The ability to return a profit to the designer is a big factor in determining the success of a design. Then it's level of ease of use and suitability to achieve the need it was intended to originally fulfill.

dawso

HSC
chamelia said:
The ability to return a profit to the designer is a big factor in determining the success of a design. Then it's level of ease of use and suitability to achieve the need it was intended to originally fulfill.
yeah, with the profit bit, thats of course what we have read in excel but i reckon its a load of shit especially if the aim wasnt 2 make a profit, but was 2 help society, so im looking for other ideas aye...

DanielleM

HSC
well the design would be a failure.. if it doesnt match the design brief and if it doesnt function the way u have set in the criteria to establish success
also the aesthetic appearance of the design can also determine its success..
just renmeber the design may also be a failure if it doesnt suit meet the intended target market!
other factors that can determine a designs success is its safety and if it meets the australian safety standards etc.
if the design is successful in all these then the design is going good (Y)

dawso

HSC
fakingtheday said:
Yeah, it's all about meeting the needs of the target market. Use the example of a michael jackson barbie doll line, i used it in my half yearly :)
lol, post up the info for that jim

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)