• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Direction in life ??! (1 Viewer)

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
It's nearly at the end of the second year of uni, and still I'm not sure of what I want to do in life....

I don't know where I'd like to see myself in 5 years time and nor do I know what career I'd be interested in.

Having been to career days, researched majors, looking into majors ... I still feel somewhat like this:

How do you truly find out what you want to DO in life?

JohnMaximus

shepherd of the people
HSC
I built a circle of stones in the woods behind my house.
When I'm scared or lost or don't know what to do I sit in the circle and imagine I am safe.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Do you have any dreams?

JohnMaximus

shepherd of the people
HSC
Do you have any dreams?
The dream is always the same.

Instead of going home,

I go to the neighbors'.

I ring, but nobody answers.

The door is open, so I go inside.

I look around,

but no one seems to be there.

Then I hear the shower running.

So, I go upstairs to see what's what.

Then I see her.

This... girl!

This incredible girl!

I don't know why she's there

because she doesn't live there...

...but it's a dream, so I go with it.

"Who's there?" she says.

"Joel," I say.

"What are you doing here?"

"I don't know.

"What are you doing here?"

"I'm taking a shower," she says.

Then I give her...

..."Do you want me to go?"

"No," she says.

"I want you to wash my back."

I'm getting enthusiastic about this dream.

So, I go to her, but she's hard

to find through all the steam.

I keep losing her.

Finally, I get to the door...

...and I find myself in a room full

of kids taking their College Boards.

I'm over three hours late!

I've got two minutes

to take the whole test.

I've just made a terrible mistake.

I'll never get to college.

My life is ruined.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
What are you studying at uni, how do you find it, and what attracted you to choose it in the first place?

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
We're kind of on the same boat here

I'm yet to find out what I truly want to do as a job

People tend to choose their job as they are motivated by something, whether it be the money, the respect from doing the job, etc, etc.

But what stands out the most is those who have a passion for something. I don't feel strongly passionate about anything as I'm one of those people who don't mind doing whatever is available. But I hope to find that passion within the next year :D

You seem to be quite passionate about photography, have you considered a career in photography?

^If not then you should think your options through

Hope this helps :)

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad
What are you studying at uni, how do you find it, and what attracted you to choose it in the first place?
I do business and IT

Nothing attracted me to it, it seemed the "easy" one, as I was terrible at maths and science

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad
We're kind of on the same boat here

I'm yet to find out what I truly want to do as a job

People tend to choose their job as they are motivated by something, whether it be the money, the respect from doing the job, etc, etc.

But what stands out the most is those who have a passion for something. I don't feel strongly passionate about anything as I'm one of those people who don't mind doing whatever is available. But I hope to find that passion within the next year :D

You seem to be quite passionate about photography, have you considered a career in photography?

^If not then you should think your options through

Hope this helps :)
I'm not sure about photography as a career , I've been thinking for a while haha!

Cheers

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
How do you truly find out what you want to DO in life?
I can't believe you fucking morons waste your life here. Listen, this is your LIFE. You need to be living with real human beings. You need to go find a girlfriend and spend time with her. You need to find happiness. Happiness is not in your online games or crappy manga books, it is in other people.

Do you really want to be 40 years old and look back to your 18-25 years and realize you pissed them away in fits of loneliness playing RPGs and crying yourself to sleep? I know most, if not all of you, had no real childhood or high school experiences because you were too busy being antisocial losers. Change that, now. How much greater would your life be now had you worked up the courage to talk to that one girl and go to the prom with her? Wouldn't high school have been amazing if you actually went out with friends on the weekend and saw movies? This is why you people love anime so much, because it portrays these perfect people going through high school living the lives YOU wish you could have lived back then.

Stop wasting your time on the Internet. Look outside and see the trees and the sun. Please. There is a world out there. There are interesting people all over. Why do you want to throw away what is left of your life playing fictional RPGs when real life is one big RPG with real consequences and relationships?

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
I can't believe you fucking morons waste your life here. Listen, this is your LIFE. You need to be living with real human beings. You need to go find a girlfriend and spend time with her. You need to find happiness. Happiness is not in your online games or crappy manga books, it is in other people.

Do you really want to be 40 years old and look back to your 18-25 years and realize you pissed them away in fits of loneliness playing RPGs and crying yourself to sleep? I know most, if not all of you, had no real childhood or high school experiences because you were too busy being antisocial losers. Change that, now. How much greater would your life be now had you worked up the courage to talk to that one girl and go to the prom with her? Wouldn't high school have been amazing if you actually went out with friends on the weekend and saw movies? This is why you people love anime so much, because it portrays these perfect people going through high school living the lives YOU wish you could have lived back then.

Stop wasting your time on the Internet. Look outside and see the trees and the sun. Please. There is a world out there. There are interesting people all over. Why do you want to throw away what is left of your life playing fictional RPGs when real life is one big RPG with real consequences and relationships?
You just stereotyped him into something that he's not, pls go away now

Fade1233

HSC
N/A

Whats with you and putting people down? It needs to stop. I am sorry to say this but you are like 28, act like one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)