• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Discovery Day 07 (1 Viewer)

lindulgence

HSC
Well ill be attendin wollongong for a Discover Day thing and i was wondering is it hard to get around the campus and all because i believe none of my firends choose the lectures i choose. Also if the timetable that i get has somthing like this: Bld 20.2 (or 20.2) = Building 20, Lecture Theatre Number 2 , how do i know which will be on ground level and all that?? any advice will help alot. Just one last thing how scary is uni hehe
linda

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Building 20 is just one level, a ground floor, unless you count the service tunnel that runs from McKinnon to Building 20 to Building 42 and then to Building 1.

If you can't find somewhere, ask someone who looks depressed, they're not a first year student and will know which direction to point you, just ignore their first reply of 'just get out of this place, it will suck your soul out and will crush you as a human being'.

And if you're a cripple, getting around campus tends to be a little harder for you than for some.

Beege

HSC
Went today and it was pretty cool. The stuff about hacking and also 3D modelling and animation was interesting.

Scanorama

HSC
Beege said:
Went today and it was pretty cool. The stuff about hacking and also 3D modelling and animation was interesting.
That's how they suck people into doing one of the degree. The stuff you did today is nowhere near the stuff you will see in your degree.

lindulgence

HSC
so was there as many yr 12 students as the uni and yr advisors made it sound like?? cause i mite wanna go to lectures i didnt choose so yeh ><

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
You bastards were too loud today. Could you all not see the "QUIET EXAMINATION IN PROGRESS" sign?

I should blame the uni though, can't do anything bloody right. Who the fuck, in their right mind puts discovery days in fucking exam week. Next week is fine too (for either discovery days or the exams).

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
poloktim said:
You bastards were too loud today. Could you all not see the "QUIET EXAMINATION IN PROGRESS" sign?

I should blame the uni though, can't do anything bloody right. Who the fuck, in their right mind puts discovery days in fucking exam week. Next week is fine too (for either discovery days or the exams).
BECAUSE UOW ARE FUCKERS!

FUCKERS I TELL YOU!

(oh, and haha regarding exams... sif go to uni in the summertime)

Kebabci Oglu

Professional member
HSC
Ye the discovery days are quite useless. I remeber mine i didnt bother going to all classes at all because most were a waste of time. Some were stating the requirements needed to get into a degree, thats why we have uac guides. But i remeber one class we played quake multiplayer, now that was worth it.

Scanorama

HSC
lindulgence said:
so was there as many yr 12 students as the uni and yr advisors made it sound like?? cause i mite wanna go to lectures i didnt choose so yeh ><
You can walk into any lecture you want, they won't make the roll, its not like they really care if people turn up or not (that applies to all lectures, not just discovery day)

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
Getting around campus is the easy bit. Just do not go into Building 19. Death lurks there.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Building 12 is much nicer.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
hfis said:
Getting around campus is the easy bit. Just do not go into Building 19. Death lurks there.
Building 19 is easy to navigate! I got lost in the creative arts building. No clue where the hell I was.

Josie said:
Just don't go to UoW at all. You'll be saner.
I love you.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Josie: I love you! may we spend quality time at the unibar drowning the defeatist thoughts of why we chose UOW.

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Yayyyyy.

Only a couple of weeks until we drown our sorrows once more.

I'm feeling so loved.

edit: discussing why we both moved from UNSW Architecture to UoW-completely-unrelated-subjects.

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
Lol only been there few times cant wait till i start...prob just 1st yr naivity lol...anyway i now know my way from university hall to the library....ooh and i walked past the mckinnon building once i think

jest3r

HSC
Took me a while to find a way into building 41 for the medical physics lecture because of the the bloody construction site around it :|

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
The only path you need to know is from your building to the unibar. And the your building bit is optional.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)