• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

do u find it hard to get in2 some books? (1 Viewer)

keladry

lady knight
HSC
Pierotte said:
i hate it when u get so into a book and its a long one and ur totally engorssed for like 2 weeks... then its ends!!! i always feel so lost, like a part of my life just died..
me too. i usually get really into books and then i end up reading the entire series or anything else by the same author. sometimes i'm so into books that i end up have my fingers in several different pies =P

the only book in recent memory that i didnt finish was sean russell's "The Isle of Battle". it was in a rather florid style sometimes and he kept on jumping all over the place too quickly. and sometimes nothing would happen for whole chapters. which i suppose is better than having nothing happen for whole books like robert jordan. i still got into his "wheel of time" books tho. this guy i just gave up halfway. his characters werent all that likeable anyway. he had an interesting premise, but the way he wrote it put me off.

speaking of which, raymond e feist really annoyed me in "the serpentwar" saga. almost every chapter in the four books started with a two word paragraph like "Erik stopped." it got really really annoying after a while. it's a ok technique when used sparingly but not this much >< i got so sick of it i started composing my own sentences just to have a good start each chapter.

i need a life too lol

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
that happened to me with the tomorrow series....i got so engrossed in it and then it ended!! i LOVED that series!

keladry

lady knight
HSC
well at least u have the ellie chronicles after the tomorrow series. some books dont continue on after they wrap up, most of them trilogies.

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
keladry said:
well at least u have the ellie chronicles after the tomorrow series. some books dont continue on after they wrap up, most of them trilogies.
yeah i was so relieved when i saw it in the book shop!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)