• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Do you have a thumb drive??? (1 Viewer)

Do you have a thumb drive???

• Yes, duh I can't live without it

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Yes, but i don't know how to use it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, so what

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • No, but I want one

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • No, how geeky can u get

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • What the???What's a thumb drive

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters

alien

HSC
do you mean a jump/flash/USB drive? if yes, then yes i do. if no, what the????

alien

HSC
jump and flash are just other names for USB. i guess thumb must be the same

HSC
Yep,
but our school are updating there computers to windows XP sometime this term so i'll just use my ipod .

p.s ipods rock.

Trev

stix
HSC
i've got one, but i pulled it outa the school puter while it was still transfering stuff or something, and now i cant delete folders on my usb thing coz it says ithe folders aren't empty, but they dont hav anything in them! :p i hate it

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
Trev said:
i've got one, but i pulled it outa the school puter while it was still transfering stuff or something, and now i cant delete folders on my usb thing coz it says ithe folders aren't empty, but they dont hav anything in them! :p i hate it
format it maybe? i dunno

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Trev said:
Its bcoz ur supposed to "Safely turn them off"...the best thing to do is to reformat it...if it came with a cd u probably can do that

fatmuscle

HSC
if u don't have one of these Pen Drives,

do your computers are school have card readers?

PenDrives, SD and CF Cards are the best!
They are the floppy disks of today.

iPods are great, cos of the amount of space you can use, plus i love the contacts / notes / calendar functionality.
Only problem is, u have to carry around your wires to connect it up.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
yep i've got one..
i normally copy my document full of notes into my USB flash drive every IPT lesson.. very handy..

fatmuscle: i agree iPods are great!! yep damn wires are inconvenient... the iPod Shuffle has a USB plug attached to it.. just like a USB drive.

Chief2666

El Zorro
HSC
Our school computer system is networked and all the students have a username and password, the system Administrator, My SDD Teacher restricted what students can access, therefore he has blocked out E:/ and D:/ and C:/ drives so i cant use mine at school unless i take it to him and hell do what i need.

drewgcn

postpantsism
HSC
I hate the people that wear them around their necks. What kind of a fashion accessory do they think that is?!?

Besides, true computer nerds dont need flash drives. The memorise binary dammit.

drewgcn

postpantsism
HSC
Chief, when the network admin does something that restricts your access, you have a moral (okay, okay, geek-driven) obligation to find a way around it. Its the only way you'll ever be free. Soon you'll be shutting down computers from across the network. Remember, it is you who pwns the network, not him.

</freaky matrix-esque rant>

DistantCube

HSC
Yeah actually I only bought them recently too, its just convinience factor; also that you can use some as a bootable drive so if you have other work to do...

Boo_

HSC
lol, yeah, gotta agree, whatz the deal with the usb around the neck...makes me want to take it and run. mine stays in my pocket...so if anyone wants to take it, well, lets just say they'll be getting a bit to close...

usb = music carrier to skool to dump music in my network folder, then take other more important stuff home

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)