• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Doctors Certificate HELP (1 Viewer)

^___^
HSC
MasterOfDisgyis said:
And if I was the treating doctor I would tell them to read what I wrote and not to call me up requesting patient information because it's none of their business.

you are an idiot

BOS is not checking to see if they lied or not, they are checking the seriousness of the of the person. They don't want kids to be faking certificates because they don't want to sit in an exam.

HSC
... said:
you are an idiot

BOS is not checking to see if they lied or not, they are checking the seriousness of the of the person. They don't want kids to be faking certificates because they don't want to sit in an exam.
Well thats all the information I would tell them. Yes I wrote a certificate. End of story.

Medical confidentiality is very serious. It's unethical for a doctor to disclose someones medical situation. You will find some doctors on medical certificates just write "medical illness" without stating what exact illness the person has.

^___^
HSC
MasterOfDisgyis said:
Well thats all the information I would tell them. Yes I wrote a certificate. End of story.

Medical confidentiality is very serious. It's unethical for a doctor to disclose someones medical situation. You will find some doctors on medical certificates just write "medical illness" without stating what exact illness the person has.

yes, we all know that

but you do also need to know sitting in these exams, are also a very important matter.

By your logic, everyone who is ranked first in their subjects, should take a sickie because they "don't feel well"; afterall, BOS can't do shit ! (by your logic)

irnie

life is a dance floor
HSC
so even though my doctor didnt write me a certificate today, it should be okay cos they can/will call him to check anyway?

HSC
... said:
yes, we all know that

but you do also need to know sitting in these exams, are also a very important matter.

By your logic, everyone who is ranked first in their subjects, should take a sickie because they "don't feel well"; afterall, BOS can't do shit ! (by your logic)
Well the Board of Studies cant get any additional information from the doctor. The doctor has written that they cant attend work on that day, and thats all the Board of Studies needs to know, thats all a school needs to know. It's none of their business whats wrong with someone, it is between a patient and doctor.

And if you're ranked 1st at your school, it doesn't mean you will get a good mark. To maintain that good ranking you are better off going to the exam to maintain the schools rank.

HSC
irnie said:
so even though my doctor didnt write me a certificate today, it should be okay cos they can/will call him to check anyway?
No they cant ring and check, they cant ring and ask whether you went to him on that day, they cant check what was wrong with you and the doctor cant give this info out unless you sign a bit of paper giving him that permission.

But what you can do is go to the doctor and ask him to write you one, because he has a record of your illness. If he has told you that you should stay away from the exam, then that is what you should do. You should go and get one of those forms, fill it out, get a medical certificate (he wants to see the forms anyway) and then submit it.

irnie

life is a dance floor
HSC
and also, he didnt exactly say "you shouldnt sit the exams", it was more of a "you should apply for special PROVISIONS"

xox_eMz_xox

HSC
irnie said:
and also, he didnt exactly say "you shouldnt sit the exams", it was more of a "you should apply for special PROVISIONS"

there would be doctors opened at this time tonight...if yours isnt go to another one and ask for a certificate to be on the safe side

HSC
irnie said:
Hmm this makes it interesting.

He might mean a few things, 1. don't go, 2. go and then apply for special consideration.

Special consideration to him might be them giving you a few more marks in the exam.

theres always a doctor open, and I don't want to say this (because I am 100% against this normally) but theres always a doctor at the hospital.

However if you live in a capital city, theres 24 hour clinics open.

irnie

life is a dance floor
HSC
are you sure theyd be open NOW? and also, im home alone now... with no driving permit... so its kinda screwed. would it be so bad if i dont have a certificate? they could still call to make sure right?

irnie

life is a dance floor
HSC
MasterOfDisgyis said:
Hmm this makes it interesting.

He might mean a few things, 1. don't go, 2. go and then apply for special consideration.

Special consideration to him might be them giving you a few more marks in the exam.

theres always a doctor open, and I don't want to say this (because I am 100% against this normally) but theres always a doctor at the hospital.

However if you live in a capital city, theres 24 hour clinics open.

well i believe his words were something like this (when if i asked if i would be right to do the exams):

"yes, you should probably still apply for special provisions though .... you can get the forms after and i'll fill them out for you"

but i dont believe that that would allow me to ask for a writer in the exam cos since i've been sick, my writing speed's gone down... and i think this would definitely impede me in most if not all of the exams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)