• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

dodging the double degree (1 Viewer)

Skater_bum

HSC
hey guys is it possible to put off international studies units in a B. international studies / B . laws , i want to complete the whole law degree first then do the rest after it does anyone know if you can do it?

X

xeuyrawp

hey guys is it possible to put off international studies units in a B. international studies / B . laws , i want to complete the whole law degree first then do the rest after it does anyone know if you can do it?
Yes you can, but you won't actually get through your law units any faster - you'll only do two in your first year, and 4(?) in your second year, which is what you do anyway.

So in response to the question 'can I do the law part full-time and get it done with in a few years?' No, you can't really do it any quicker.

You also need to remember that you want to start your language as early as possible, because you can't get your third year subjects in it without either doing it in the HSC + 2 years at uni, or 3 years at uni.

Last edited by a moderator:

Peartie

HSC
You also need to remember that you want to start your language as early as possible, because you can't get your third year subjects in it without either doing it in the HSC + 2 years at uni, or 3 years at uni.

HSC + 1 year Uni or 2 years Uni to start 300 level languages.....

X

xeuyrawp

HSC + 1 year Uni or 2 years Uni to start 300 level languages.....
Er by to 'get' your 300 level subjects, I meant to finish them. Starting a language is irrelevant for anything if you want a major.

Peartie

HSC
naturlich, ich war an der Uni....jetzt ist klasur und hausarbeit zeit. Das bedeutet PROCRASTINATION(=der Aufschub danke Leo) :p

aber am 6. fahre ich nach Berlin! w00t w00t!

X

xeuyrawp

naturlich, ich war an der Uni....jetzt ist klasur und hausarbeit zeit. Das bedeutet PROCRASTINATION(=der Aufschub danke Leo) :p

aber am 6. fahre ich nach Berlin! w00t w00t!
Hoorah! Und danach kommst du nach Australien zurück? Könnten wir treffen? Ich habe Fragen zu Deutschland. :(

(Ich werde dir Tee oder Kaffee kaufen. :eek:)

peter2

Banned
HSC
Hoorah! Und danach kommst du nach Australien zurück? Könnten wir treffen? Ich habe Fragen zu Deutschland. :(

nooooooo. You changed your display pic lol. I liked your old one.

Skater_bum

HSC
well because my background is russian and i can speak its badly i was thinking i would do russian langauges, so there is no way i can only select law units for this year?

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
The second year law subjects have pre-requisites that you have to have done the first year ones, hence you wont be able to enrol in them until you have done the first year ones.

Besides I would not suggest launching straight into 4 law subjects, it takes a lot of adjusting to and most of us dont do all law subjects until 4th year.

Peartie

HSC

Hoorah! und danach kommst du zuruck nach Australien? Koennten wir treffen? Ich habe Fragen ueber (ich glaube fragen ueber ist besser) Deutschland :p

und ja, wahrscheinlich koennen wir....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)