• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

dodgy MC question (1 Viewer)

jimmik

HSC
this is from the 2001 barker trials:

generally speaking, what would be the effect of an increase in australian government spending on the provision of university places?

A) redistribution of economic welfare from high income households to low income households
B) redistribution of economic welfare from low income households to high income households
C) redistribution of economic welfare from middle income households to low income households
D) such government spending would have no effect on the distribution of economic welfare

i have no idea wat the answer is (i HAVE no answers for this paper) so if anyone has answers, it would be nice if u could send them to me. or if anyone can attempt to explain wat they think the answer is please? thanks.

Acid

HSC
I would say it's A... if government spends on Uni places (i.e. more HECS places because these are government funded), there are a greater proportion of HECS places to those paying full fees for Uni. This makes the distribution of income better as it benefits low income earners. So i'd say it would result in a redistribution of economic welfare from high income households to low income households.

Hope that helps...

:: dreami ::

Diamond BOS'er
HSC
i would say A also as rich kids can afford full fee, while povos cannot

therefore, an increase in gov spending would increase hecs places and make uais lower for povos to get in ;)

aditya

HSC
I would say chuck that fucking shit paper inthe bin... as i did... that was ridiclous it was so childish and spasticated.. it tried to trick you but in essence tricked itself.. giving to equally correct answers in the first question... due to an error in wording... wat im trying to say is that the dick that wrote it was eploying a trick question but forgot to put in the trick.... dick and a half

jimmik

HSC
lol okies, yeh i got pretty pissed with that stupid question. thanks for the explanations you guys offered tho.

sub

:: dreami :: said:
i didnt know barker was so anal? :D
well dreami, some things in life are not meant to be shared...and some are better unknown. goodluck all on thurs :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)