• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Does anyone actually like audit? (1 Viewer)

tubtub

HSC
what about working in tax? is it more/less boring than audit?

3li

HSC
N/A
after working int ax for 2 months i gave up lol

its just too repetitive!

Vagabond

Machine
HSC
3li said:
after working int ax for 2 months i gave up lol

its just too repetitive!
Wouldn't know about the work itself... but it lacks a few of the great perks that come with audit.

A) At my firm anyway, tax kiddies don't automatically get wireless internet cards

B) You have your own desk for your career which whilst at first sounds good would get repetitive/boring pretty quickly. Also it means everybody knows (or expects) where you are.... With audits you've less people hovering over you

C) I'm pretty sure they have less functions, etc. with the client and so on.

That said they'll get paid a little more at every given grade. Though whilst they argue they do less overtime from what I've seen I don't think that's necessarily true.

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
What jobs could an economics major get in the big 4?

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
the cubicles get paid more than grads p.a.

audit isn't too bad. it is a good stepping stone and the work remains interesting as long as you make it so - ie look for areas that you would favour; interesting balance sheets or new and first year clients are always good.
but yeah if you're doing the masters with kaplan/finsia maybe make sure you chose your subjects to maximise your exemptions for doing CA.

geetarjoe

HSC
N/A
Cookie182 said:
Well in that case, what are the toilets like in the Big 4?
Really clean, the Arts grads do a really good job.

Kidding.

Arts grads aren't clean.

HSC
redruM said:
the cubicles get paid more than grads p.a.

audit isn't too bad. it is a good stepping stone and the work remains interesting as long as you make it so - ie look for areas that you would favour; interesting balance sheets or new and first year clients are always good.
but yeah if you're doing the masters with kaplan/finsia maybe make sure you chose your subjects to maximise your exemptions for doing CA.
Yeah I have been doing it for a year and after starting my CA I just don't think its for me. Fairly sure I'm quitting and going to do a Masters in Finance at uni next year then hopefully sit CFA Level 1 in December

3li

HSC
N/A
ohwhenthesaints said:
Yeah I have been doing it for a year and after starting my CA I just don't think its for me. Fairly sure I'm quitting and going to do a Masters in Finance at uni next year then hopefully sit CFA Level 1 in December
in an aim to break it into finance?

gl

mapf is slightly harder than cfa

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
well finance isnt THAT fun
just saying audit is prob more boring save for the fact you get to go out to meet clients (never in the office)

they're both equally boring

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)