• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Does God Exist? (1 Viewer)

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
Vezzellda said:
physician said:
You can find actual scientific facts that prove God's existance, by proving that the Quran is the actual word of God, u prove that God exists. /QUOTE]

Um, i'm sorry, but how does this work? We can't use the bible's truthfulness as a prove of God's existence, so how can you use the Quran?
Well this takes us back to debates which have occured about the originality of the Quran. See, it has been disproved that the quran was wriiten by mohommad9peace be upon him), it has been disporoved that it was written by poets, by satan (which some people claimed), the point being, the Quran has been proven to be nothing but the word of God (Allah), and so by proving that it wasn't written by man, or anyother being, devil angel or whatever, then It is 100% the word of God, and if it is 100% the word of God, then........... God exists, because there was no technology at the time when it was revealed, no microscopes no information on the Embryonic development of man, and even the most wise at the time knew nothing about the cerebrum in the brain, so..... If u prove God wrote the Quran, u prove God exists, i stress on this point because its pure logic

Last edited:

physician

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
physician... the quran came out after the bible... some parts are strikingly similar.....

That's exactly correct because the bible and the Quran were sent down by the same God

asscookie

dork.
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
There IS evidence that the bible was written by men..
Yeah, that's the rational explaination for the existence of religious scripture. Religious people like to think that it was God who was guiding the hand of the scribe, and thus written by God himself. You're basically blaspheming if you deny that God wrote the Bible etc.

alien

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
There IS evidence that the bible was written by men..
the Bible was written by men under divine inspiration. that's what most Christians believe i think... well my church does

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
So of course the quoran must be written by a man under 'divine inspiration' too?
Why would the same god make the books conflict against each other?
We sure do have a fucked up God.

alien

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Physicians quickly becoming confused.... The quoran was wrote after the bible... however the bible was wrote by man...
muslims believe the Quran was written by Mohummad like, God told him what to write. (i think)

asscookie

dork.
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
So of course the quoran must be written by a man under 'divine inspiration' too?
That's the general consensus among atheists and agnostics :)

physician

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Physicians quickly becoming confused.... The quoran was wrote after the bible... however the bible was wrote by man...
The original bible was not, do a hitory check up, it's man that altered the bible

alien

HSC
mk well... basically most Christians believe that the Quran wasn't written under divine inspiration. and Islamic people believe that God sent different prophets for different pople. they believe that Christ was just a prophet for Christians, Moses for the people of that time and Muhammad for them. adn if we all follow our own prohet we can all get to heaven and be judged on how we follow our prophet

physician

HSC
See the fact is, u will find resemblance in chritian beliefs and Islamic beliefs, similarly with Jewish beliefs, because God sent down all these religions, and by the way, ur all saying that the bible has been proven to be wirtten by man, well is anyone willing to educate me, and give me this proof, i don't mean the re-written bibles, i mean the actual bible, the first bible. It's sad that a muslim is having to defend the fact that the bible was from God, i mean where are u christians out there, defend ur religion, for infroming people about the truth is important. I leave the proof of the bible to the christain believers, because well, i dont know which one all u people r reffering to, howvere there's only one Quran, and that Quran is the word of God. In it he has cahllenegd man to produce even one chapter like that in the Quran.

Ever since the Quran was revealed, fourteen centuries ago no one has been able to produce a single chapter like the chapters of the Quran in their beauty, eloquence, splendor, wise legislation, treu information, true prophecy, and other perfect attributes. Also keeping in mind, that the smallest chapter in the Quran (chapter 108) is only ten words long, yet no one has ever been able to meet this challenge then or today! Some of the disbelieving Arabs who were enemies of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) tried to meet this challenge to prove that Muhammad(peace be upon him) was not a true prophet, but they failed to do so. This failure was despite the fact that the Quran was revealed in their own language and dialect and that the Arabs at the time of Muhammad(peace be upon him) were a very eloquent people who used to compose beautiful and excellent poetry, still read and appreciated today.

hmm?

Not-That-Bright said:
I think physician has answered this one already and feel that finally some common sense has prevailed so that the answer to this thread can hopefully put people at ease?!

alien

HSC
physician said:
It's sad that a muslim is having to defend the fact that the bible was from God, i mean where are u christians out there, defend ur religion, for infroming people about the truth is important.
i'm Christian and i've defended it. don't i count???? *books shrink session for neglect*

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
On the issue of who wrote the Bible, all I can give is my own beliefs becasue I cant speak from a unified Christian perspective. I think sections of it may well indeed be written by God himself, for example the 10 commandments. All the sections where God specifies various rituals and practices I believe could have been written by God, or atleast the person who wrote them was told what to write by God. Remember that the Old Testament in the main is made up of various prophets giving prophecies. For these books I believe that they wrote them under God's guidance. The same applies in the New Testament for the various letters that were written to the various groups and for Revelation. Whether the Bible was written by God or not, I dont think it gives enough information about God, which comes back to the questions before about whether God punishes those that just accept him without searching for him. From a Roman Catholic perspective, it is through human experience that we get revealed to us God's Law, so some searching for God is required. God hides evidence for his existence in both our nature and our surrounding nature, and it is up to us to find it. This is what is referred to by Catholics as the 'natural law'.

What has baffled me for some time now, I dont know if its just a typo or if its just my version of the Bible, but in Genesis 2:26 the following is said:

Then God said, "And now we will make human beings; they will be like us and reszemble us.

What I've always wondered is who is referred to when God says "us."

Last edited:

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
lengstar said:
this thread is never going to end
You have to admit that somewhere deep down in yourself you dont want the thread to end or else you would simply stop coming in and posting in here. The easiest way to make it end is to stop reading it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)