• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Does year11 marks count to HSC? (1 Viewer)

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by ballerinabarbie
the only way that your yr 11 marks will count is if, for some reason you can't do the hsc exam (ie. u are sick on the day) then they use your yr 11 marks (thats what we were told)
In this situation you would receive your moderated assessment mark as your exam mark.

However, if you miss a Yr 12 assessment due to illness or misadventure, your school might choose to estimate what your mark would have been in the assessment based on your previous performance in the course (such as during Yr 11). Your Yr 11 marks won't ever directly count, though.

yr12

HSC
Originally posted by MinAi
off topic for a sec
yr12 - why did u register a new user?
Oh, everytime I go to sign in, it lets me but then it won't let me view the threads or post or anything, so I had to sign up as someone else. I was really shitty cos of the whole post count/status thing.

Twintip

Well, the way I went last year compared to this year, I wouldn't mind having my yr 11 marks count! :( Unfortunately, under no circumstances do they use them at my school. Even in a case of misadventure, they will estimate your mark for an assessment based ONLY on the marks you have obtained in other year 12 assessments in that subject (usually that doesn't happen and the person just makes up the exam).

Last edited:

pri

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by abdooooo!!!
i heard my teacher say that year11 marks will count to your HSC assessment rank. is he misinformed or is that really true:confused:
if they did, Id be dead

dudditz

Retired Member
HSC
Year 11 is important in the same way that the "school certificate is important".... pffft.
Year 11 is nothin, just remember not to get into the habit of bein a slacker, coz if u don't change ur ways when u get to yr 12, then Welcome To My World ;)

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by dudditz
Year 11 is important in the same way that the "school certificate is important".... pffft.
Year 11 is nothin, just remember not to get into the habit of bein a slacker, coz if u don't change ur ways when u get to yr 12, then Welcome To My World ;)
LOL!!!
we were fed the same thing

S.C. is important
Prelims are important
HSCs are important?? :p

before that,
it was:

your year 9-10 electives are important!
yr 11/12 subject selections are important (well this is one exception)

Twintip

Yeah I'm going to be an entrepreneur like my friends' dad. No education required. He drives an Aston Martin now. It's a Dick Smith story. I want to be like Dick Smith ('cept cooler :p).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)