• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Doing AMus in year 12 (1 Viewer)

HSC
Uni Grad
Who here has done AMus in year 12? And how was it?

Coz my piano teacher told me to do AMus this September/October holidays... right before the HSC, which means I'll be dropping a subject to cope with demand..

Oh yeah and is it possible to pass your AMus in one year one attempt, provided that you did Certificate of Performance and passed it the year before? (I got B+ for certificate coz I barely practiced until the last 3 weeks)

Deezee3

HSC
I havent done my AmusA, only 8th grade. But i asked my teacher, and apparently, its roughly 30% chance you will pass the exam. You get two examiners, one who comments positively on your performance, another who criticizes negatively, and they debate against each other and whoever wins determines whether you pass or fail. They dont give you A, B or C etc but give you either award with distinction, award, and no award. Award means you satisfies the requirements to pass the exam. Award with distinction means you pass the exam and surpass all requirements. and no award means you fail.
It is possible to pass the exam in one year of practise, but the chances are less than half, so its advised you practise on average 2 hrs a day minimum. thats all i know so good luck !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)