• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

doing both umat and gamsat during the same year (1 Viewer)

MUSE13

HSC
Uni Grad
hey guys
do u think it's an good idea to do BOTH the umat and gamsat during the same year ?

Dylanamali

HSC
Yes.
GAMSATS in March, UMATs in July.
If your a 2nd year tertiary student / 2nd last year of university, then I'd definitely recommend it.
Better to keep as many avenues open as possible.

In terms of preparation, I'd probably advise only starting UMAT prep once GAMSAT is finished and dedicating more time to the GAMSAT - as it is technically a more 'content' based examination.

MUSE13

HSC
Uni Grad
Yes.
GAMSATS in March, UMATs in July.
If your a 2nd year tertiary student / 2nd last year of university, then I'd definitely recommend it.
Better to keep as many avenues open as possible.

In terms of preparation, I'd probably advise only starting UMAT prep once GAMSAT is finished and dedicating more time to the GAMSAT - as it is technically a more 'content' based examination.
thanks yea i was plaining on studying 2 hours a day for the gamsat (since i've got 8 mouths) and one hour a day for the umat for a whole year since the skills tested in the umat is some thing which develops over time ...thoughts?

Dylanamali

HSC
3 hours a day over a year - definitely some dedication right there.
In my opinion, UMAT isn't really something that you can study for 1 hour a day over a year's span.
I think it's more doing timed past papers to develop confidence, speed and a feel for the test.
I'm likely doing the exact same thing that your going to be doing.
But if I was to do UMAT next year, I'd only start studying for it after the GAMSAT. 3 months study for the UMAT is plenty of time.

For the GAMSAT, I'd be looking to do routine based study as you suggested.

MUSE13

HSC
Uni Grad
thanks guy u've have differently gave me food for thought now I'm confident in doing both of them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)