• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

doing law as well (1 Viewer)

mikerobertsn

HSC
i just started doing a bachalor of engineering degree and saw how there are double degrees like b law and b ict, and the workload is only 4 units per semester the same as individually, execpt it takes u a year longer, i was wondering if its possible to combine a batchalor of engineering with a bachalor of laws in the same way.

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
Unfortunately, no. There's a list of law degrees here: UWS: Law Courses

However, this does not stop you from taking law subjects as open electives (if your course has any), provided that you meet the prerequisites for those subjects.

It may not count toward being a major on your Engineering transcript, but it's a good way to figure out if you like law, and you'd be able to apply for advanced standing if you pursued a law degree later on.

Alternatively, there's a B Engineering Science/B Law course at UTS that you could transfer into. Cutoff is 97.9

http://www.eng.uts.edu.au/courses/undergraduate/BESBLaws.htm

Last edited:

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
see on this page UWS: Bachelor of Laws (Non-graduate entry) where it says "A record of study equivalent to one year full-time study at Bachelor level from an approved University" does that mean i could do it next year.
That is so that you can transfer into a law degree from another degree. Thats a transfer from Eng to Law not combining the two.
You can't make anything a double degree, only those that the univesity's offer as double degrees. The reason it takes 1-2 extra year (s) rather than 3 is because they allow some of the law subjects to also count as non law ones. If you want to do both you should to eng for one year and then see if any uni offers eng/law (see what ambermom said above) and transfer into that.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)