• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Dolce&Gabbana in Sydney? (1 Viewer)

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
faov said:
If we support piracy, we simply will not have fashion.
You know what...I hate to say this but I agree.

I mean, generally I don't have the money to buy top end designer clothing (and with some of the shit that's out there I don't have the inclination) but piracy and buying counterfeit goods is worse than buying solely designer clothing.

It basically means that you want to look like you care about quality, fit, style etc, but you are showing the opposite, especially when it isn't an actual "versace" shirt, just a $2 shitty tee with the printed logo on it.

...why not just buy the tee? I don't understand people that buy fakes and wear them as if no-one could ever tell the difference.

faov

HSC
cfair said:

bud, i'm pretty sure the designers, executives and all the people in the marketing department of all those brands you exclusively buy are already set for life due to mindsets like your own.
That is ludicrous! They won't have money if everyone thinks like you. It's like a viscious circle, sure they make money now but then if you just stop supporting them, they have no money therefore we must support them again by purchasing their products. So we're best off just supporting them forever.

AlleyCat said:
You know what...I hate to say this but I agree.
I'm glad you came to your senses. Thanks and I appreciate your support :)

faov

HSC
Tulipa said:
Um people who think like you ensure that sweatshops stay in existence.

You feel better knowing that these people are incredibly rich whereas others are dirt poor and being exploited?

Nice guy.
I want to be a fashion designer and I want their lifestyle. There is no way in hell they're giving up their salary or benefits before I die. I want them, and deserve them, too much.

I've lived in Indonesia before (my parents are diplomats) and it really isn't that bad. It's not like only Hugo Boss is "exploiting" the natives, EVERY firm is and its occuring EVERYwhere in the country. So the people are use to it. Would you like it if someone came along and changed your entire lifestyle just because they didn't like it? Apply this theory to yourself, and you'll see that there is absolutely nothing wrong, morally or financially, with "sweatshops" or clothing factories.

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
faov said:
I want to be a fashion designer and I want their lifestyle. There is no way in hell they're giving up their salary or benefits before I die. I want them, and deserve them, too much.

I've lived in Indonesia before (my parents are diplomats) and it really isn't that bad. It's not like only Hugo Boss is "exploiting" the natives, EVERY firm is and its occuring EVERYwhere in the country. So the people are use to it. Would you like it if someone came along and changed your entire lifestyle just because they didn't like it? Apply this theory to yourself, and you'll see that there is absolutely nothing wrong, morally or financially, with "sweatshops" or clothing factories.
:rofl:

You deserve them too much? Why so?

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
faov said:

Haha. Just because everyone is doing it, doesn't make it acceptable. I mean who over the age of 10 uses that argument?

I think if someone came along and gave them oh say $10 more an hour, they'd be a lot happier. It's not changing their lifestyle, it's giving them a realistic working week and wage.

zdzislaw

Jack, much
HSC
1. You contradict yourself
2. You are effectively saying that you support deisigners, etc, at the expense of the poor people who are exploited in sweatshops.
3. You have this 'i'm better than you' mindset, and honestly it's going to get you no where in life.
Quit while you're ahead

Vicly

HSC Victim
HSC
If you choose to wear Dolce & Gabbanna, then that's purely your discretion. However, to say that it makes you feel superior to other "lower" class brands is ridiculous and arrogant.

Sweat shops is NOT moral regardless of how you twist your argument. The unbelievably low level of wages paid and the absurd working conditions is unethical.

killyridols

HSC
AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
<3 dis troll

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)