• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

DOTA 2 $1mil USD Tournament (1 Viewer)

HalcyonSky

HSC
after seeing more of the gameplay im kind of looking forward to this now

tbh was slightly disappointed. game felt slow, animations lacklustre, healthbars too clunky. we'll see how this pans out.
alot of the animations are obvious placeholders and the ui will probably be refined before release.. not sure what you mean about slow, some teams resort to rice farming but most of the winning teams have been relying on constant aggression

remember this game is not even in beta yet

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
1700 is hard for anyone who is solo queuing

you are 1 person in a 10 player game, the outcome is more often than not determined by how many br's you get matched with

the frustration of having barely any individual control over how the game pans out coupled with one of the worst communities ive ever seen in any game just completely sucks the fun out of hon if you dont have mates to regularly play with
no, 1800 is hard solo queuing, 1700 is piss easy if you just go carries and not give a fuck

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
no, 1800 is hard solo queuing, 1700 is piss easy if you just go carries and not give a fuck
This. Pick up a hard carry like Spec or Medusa - take solo mid, ignore pings/calls and farm all day.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
This. Pick up a hard carry like Spec or Medusa - take solo mid, ignore pings/calls and farm all day.
medusa hard carry lol

spec solo mid lol

r u one of those guys that follow the competitive scene yet suck at the game?

HalcyonSky

HSC
> medusa hard carry
> spec solo mid
> ignoring calls as solo mid
> farming creeps in mid instead of ganking / establishing rune control

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
I don't suck.
did you at least make it into IHDL in BA? If hon, what's your PSR?

i'm sorry i just get alot of dota fanboy friends and when i actually play with them it's DOTAARRREMMM or they get boots first item on no em

HSC
Uni Grad
Carrying is when one person keeps the team from being wiped out long enough for everyone to catch up to the other team, or just completely owns the other team by themselves basically.
Farming creeps = get exp and leveling up and getting money to buy better items, ganking is gang killing (team all comes to rape 1-2 people on other team)

But basically it's about some douche not playing as part of a team but trying to beat the other team themself.

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
medusa was totally overpowered back in like 2005

she had a really powerful split shot technique which meant she could farm so much gold in such a short amount of time

i saw a medusa with like 4 divine rapiers once

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)