• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Dressmakers (1 Viewer)

s0k0y0e0

HSC
kaylz said:
I've designed my formal dress, and have a rough idea of the materials that I plan to use. Does anyone know what it might cost to have a dress made? I can get my mum's friend to do it, but I just wanted to know how much it might cost to have a pro do it? And is anyone else designing their dress? Or having it custom made?
That's a really good idea; and your dress sounds REALLY nice! :uhhuh:

I've personally never got a dress made; other than like from family (when I was little my nana and mum made me heaps of clothes, and my mum made my communion dress!), but a girl at my school got her Yr10 formal dress made, and it was a replica of Delta Goodrem's dress from the Aria's in 2003(?) )

She looked REALLY good and NO ONE person had the same dress as her! :)
It was this dress -->

s0k0y0e0

HSC
Murf said:
thats so unfair :p guys are so limited to what they can wear
You could go with a theme?!

http://store1.yimg.com/I/sirenssecrets_1840_39264097
http://store1.yimg.com/I/sirenssecrets_1840_6528646

You're sure to rase a few eyebrows! :p

Not at a formal, but at a school retreat 2 guys in my year, came to dinner dressed as Jesus and a business man! It was so funny!

Then one of them walked around our lodges dressed up as a rapper with a stereo on his shoulder and sung raps to everyone! :uhhuh:

We had a great time at our Yr12 camp! :uhhuh: :)

$a®e

HSC
well im gettin my dress made...it is an original design and is costing $600 all up...thats by a professional dress maker.

boite nature

HSC
i make all my dresses or my mum will make up my design if i dont have time.... which I probably wont when doing the HSC...
if you are wondering where to get your dress made, ask your friends or your mums friends, they might be really wanting to do it for you and will not charge as much as a 'professional'. I know there are a lot of good tailors out there but not all of them do such a great job and you might know someone who is just as good at sewing. also if you get it made by someone you know, they might be able to understand better what you want and you could probably get a better fit. It's worth a try to ask anyone you know that can sew.

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
It depends on how much matierial you use and who you go to etc.
I had my Deb Dress made and it cost 800 but it looked so goregous. The reason why it was so expensive was the materials used and it had crystals on it etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)