• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Dropping a subject... (1 Viewer)

JAZZAY

HSC
Ive been planning my 1st semester timetable and have realised that there is an unavoidable clash between 2 subjects....ive tried everything possible to avoid it including changing around all the times over and over and substituting subjects instead to see if they dont clash but amazingly they all still clash (its even worse since im doing a double degree) and there is still no way out. The uni can't do anything about it since no one else is having problems/complaining about it so does that mean that i should drop a subject and do 3 not 4. Any suggestions as to what i should do? Thnx in advance.

klh

HSC
well you can do 3 , its not not allowed [i.e. you are allowed to and its still FT not PT so if you do have a centrelink benefit, you should still hav eit] btu tis up to you, i mean 3 units a semester is a real relief, having done so last semester, and you can take your time. If you wold like to d 4, go to your coordinater to ask if there is any other subject you can substitute at this time.

Btu As you say, you cannot change the times bt have you thought about doing it at another campus or a tnight? check the whole timetable [ the one that allows oyu to choose the campuses] sorry i cant find the link now, its offline...btu if not, than just do 3 for now and catchup some other time, i twould usually mean you would need to do either 5 subejcts for 1 semester to catch up or do that subject in another semester...

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Hold on, since you said your doing a double degree, are these subjects both core subjects that you need to do in first semester, cause if they are, other people will have the same problem, and the uni will have to change them.

What course and whats subjects is the problemo?

L

LaraB

if you are a combined course - unless there are a heap of students with the same problem - its gonna be a case of tough shit..

friends and my bro had the same probs with combined law/comm course..

they were just told they'll have to do night classes or do some at another campus - and they were core units too... they tend to just shift you into another campus/mode (as in day or night) if possible... since they can't just change times to suit the combined people coz it can stuff up stuff for the straight degree people then and there's more of them unfortunately:p

if you're not a combined course - you have a right to get it changed because there's no excuse for them clashing so if that's the case - write/email your course coordinator and ask them if otehr people are having the same problem and they can possibly get it fixed for you:) that's the kinda stuff they're there for

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)