• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Dutch courage and job interviews (1 Viewer)

synthesized

HSC
N/A
Dutch courage and job interviews - do they mix?

i have a group interview coming up and i'm thinking of having a few drinks beforehand to build up my courage.

since it's a group interview it won't be personal, and i am meant to look like i'm having fun.... so why not..?

will this be a really stupid decision? is there anything really wrong with it though?

:bomb:

Last edited:

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Re: Dutch courage and job interviews - do they mix?

Since, its a group interview, they will be singling out the smart ones and getting rid of the tard's. So maybe not the best idea, cause if your shy and you have a few drinks, you'll end up bumbling out crap when they talk to you.

I reckon you'd be better off praciting infront of a mirror and writing down some practice points about yourself and the job. You just need to build up presence and some public speaking skills.

lizziegirl

HSC
N/A
its not the best idea cos u could say something u might regret later. and even if u do say something thats good, imagine if u got the job and u'll have to be ur real self and learn not to be shy. just smile and act really friendly. :)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC

I don't like the idea. As you said it wouldn't be personal, but if they work it out or smell alcohol on your breath or something then you have no chance. Plus, you don't know what they're looking for. Maybe you'll come actross as too loud.

g-boateng

HSC

I think it a stupid idea to drink up hand unless you dont want da job

sarevok

HSC
no

it's better to get practice in these group interviews

if you fail, next time you will be more confident

Good_riceZ

Go the Rabbitohs!
HSC
well if you are more 'yourself' when you are drunk, and the interview isnt that important to you, then its looks fine haha :)

But in all seriousness rock up and take it in your stride, even if you really dont speak that much, observing what goes on will help you a lot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)