• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

DVDs (1 Viewer)

Jonathan A

HSC
Quick question:

I am doing a presentation tomorrow and need to show segments of a movie that I have on DVD. However I do not want to show the whole movie and want to jump to the exact spot i want.

I have heard of a program where you are able to select part of the movie from a DVD and burn that onto another DVD, henc eonly the parts you want. Can anybody suggest of such a program?

Cheers.

PS: the purposes of my copying of the DVD are purely for education.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Hmm, im not sure on the specifics, but such programs would have to rely on making a .vob or similar file format onto your computer of the whole movie firstly, then using something like virtualdub you could cut out that part you want, then re-encode it into DVD :|

Seems like a hassle i think, although i could be wrong there may be programs which do it on the fly.

Scanorama

HSC
Alternatively if you remember the exact time frame you want to show, then you can quene it up or use the search function of your DVD player.

Jonathan A

HSC
miss_gtr said:
you could when u burn it, select the chapter that u need.

Jonathan_A, burning DVDs is illegal, u should know that being a law-ish student and all.. lolz

The Copyright Act Part VB has certain provisions relating to educational purposes (Don't worry I checked)

Scanorama

HSC
Jonathan A said:
The Copyright Act Part VB has certain provisions relating to educational purposes (Don't worry I checked)
Thats what I thought too, anyway good luck with your assignment! :)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Jonathan A said:
Oh yes we came accross that in IPT...Despite this our teacher is making us ask copyright permissions anyway for our assignment

HSC
N/A
melsc said:
Oh yes we came accross that in IPT...Despite this our teacher is making us ask copyright permissions anyway for our assignment
im so sick and tired of the issue regarding copyright!!! *screams and runs away*

Jonathan A

HSC
You gotta love the red tape of the law!

I ended up using both a VHS tape and DVD to do the presentation, to avoid skipping.

taco man

don't know don't care
HSC
if ur presentation involves a computer why dont u just bookmark the sections in the movie with sum dvd player program. If ur using Powerdvd just go to bookmark->add bookmark and if u want to rename the bookmarks- still under bookmark go to-> view->right click and edit..then u can select the scenes u want to show

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)