• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

East Hills Girls Tech Or Sir Joseph Banks ? (1 Viewer)

summerlxve

HSC
N/A
Heyys, um i know this ain't relly the place to post this qustion but i didn't knnow where else.

umm, im currently attending Bankstown Girls High. I was a previous student as Bossley Park High but i ad to move houses.

Bankstown Girls, for me, i really don't meet the standard of other schools. ike when i catch up with my mates & see how they're doing at their school, their standards are completely high & i don't even understand most of their work & evrything. I'm not taking a chance to criticise th school. So no offence.

Lets just say i want t move school & my options are: East Hills Girls Technology High School & Sir Joseph Banks High School.

The majority of my mates reckon i should go to East Hills, but i don't plan on choosing any elective that is tech-related. So would it still be a relatively reasonable school for me?

I'm currently in yr 9 & would like to move at the end of term 2 so i can gather my reports.

Can you guys please give me a recommendation & an insight of what the school standards & atmosphere would be like?

Thankks. I'm Truly Grateful :D

Trajan

HSC
gloworm14 said:
Go to East hills girls

Could you please provide a reason instead of just making a blanket statement like that.

Last edited:

Felix Jones

HSC
i think u should get in contact with a few students from the school ( it would help if mates go there, or know some else who goes there).
also u should know that, although the school environment affects your learning, at the end of the ady u are responsible for it....so i suggest, if ur school is behind, you study ahead and treat the classes as revision, rather than an opportunity to learn new materials.

Coming back to the schools, just because the school is technology based does not mean they don't teach other subjects well (my school is a technology school, and i don't do any technology subjects). so don't just omit the tech school as an option because its technology based.

but honestly i don't much about either school, although i live in bankstown region, my school is in Parramatta.....so soz cant help much.... :D

But good Luck!!

gloworm14

HSC
N/A
Trajan said:
Could you please provide a reason instead of just making a blanket statement like that.
sorry
i know alot of friends that go to east hills girls and they say its pretty good maybe a bit bitchy because of the all girls thing
my boyfriend used to go to joey banks in year 7 and 8 and he said it was hell, maybe because he got bashed alot just because he was white by older year groups. Other than that, he said the teachers were actually the best he had, maybe it was just the students that werent so great.... I dont think you should worry about this, i think it just happens to guys. (Just describing you the environment)
Personally id choose east hills over joey banks
Hope that helps

bettina44

HSC
hey i go to east hills tech,its not really a technological school we just have a couple of computers rooms and thats it.also ist is a compulsory elective in yr 9 and 10,but don't worry its dead easy and a bludge.

i wouldn't know anything about the standard since it the only high school i've been to but i do know that a lot of people do come to our school cause they're previous school was kind of sucky and we have a good academic record(thats what they said) but in terms of atmosphere,there not alot of bitching going round, i'm pretty sure the girls are nice enough to show you round and all.

don't know about joey banks but feel to ask me anything bout east hills and tell us which school you're going to when you make up ur mind yeah?

johony

HSC
East Hills Girls seems like a pretty good school, gathering from the people i know that go there; then again there are the bogany, impressionable types. But they're kind of a staple in every school, so yeah.

Personally i would choose East Hills over SJBH any day.

benji6667

HSC
unlike East Hills Boys, the girls school its an alright school

ovbiously i hvnt beent here, but my sister just went through and did her HSC, and she never had any real trouble there

Y

yeartenno

my dad taught at East hills girls and everyday he came home swearing his head off at them :)
Its a pretty crap school from what i heard from my dad
and even the principal is a bitch apparently
lolss.. well that what my dad had to say
although one girl did get in the high 90's in that school
i dunno i'd rather go to the other school if i were you

bettina44

HSC
yeartenno said:
my dad taught at East hills girls and everyday he came home swearing his head off at them :)
Its a pretty crap school from what i heard from my dad
and even the principal is a bitch apparently
lolss.. well that what my dad had to say
although one girl did get in the high 90's in that school
i dunno i'd rather go to the other school if i were you
1)who's your dad?
2)was it the juniors or the seniors annoying him? i must admit some juniors are little ***** but we're a lot nicer to teachers when reach yr 11 and 12

Last edited:
Y

yeartenno

you probably dunno my dad .. he taught there for only a few months, hated it so much
but yehh i think it was the juniors.. seniors were better he said.

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
omg lol

yeh i went to sjbhs . fucking shit. it was a dirty school filled with dirty people.
and lol at kylie's ben! yeh guys were assholes to him.
and all girls schools are generally better.

i wonder what op did ja

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
who are you?

it was fucking horrible.
enjoy your <50 uai

edit: however, i do miss mr misic a great deal

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)