• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

eco prelim course relevance to hsc course (1 Viewer)

NFmusic1995

HSC
maybe 5% is the same

last year i was 52/59 in economics

now i am in the top 10 :)

there u go.

murthyakshtih

HSC
i'm sort of in a similar situation currently my rank i believe is 25 out of 51 i'm not to sure as my teacher hasn't given us an overall rank but i believe that's where i'm currently at in ranks, i was just concerned that as i didn't study enough for prelims i was in trouble for the hsc eco but i wanna do well so yea just gotta put in effort. Just curious but do you any topics which are easy as i want to get a basic grasp of the topics prior to actually going into year 12 ?

chardy2651

HSC
but isn't the preliminary economics course assumed knowledge for the hsc economics course.please explain.
how can you go well when people say you need to know the yr 11 stuff well to go well in hsc for that subject.

albertcamus

HSC
Yeah it's relevant - you use the basic ideas from prelim on a more macroeconomic/global scale. You can't simply not know stuff from prelim - it's all relevant, just that you don't spend an entire lesson on things like economies of scale etc.

In HSC, when you do stuff like why firms make certain investment decisions in the global economy, you use these concepts like technical optimum, economies of scale etc. as a rationale for their decisions - it's assumed knowledge.

murthyakshtih

HSC
i understand everything it's just i haven't been studying it alot mainly thats all i guess

albertcamus

HSC
i understand everything it's just i haven't been studying it alot mainly thats all i guess
That's kinda fine tbh - in the holidays between Yr 11/12 - just go over the main concepts. No need to go over any stats etc. just go over main ideas/concepts and make sure you're thorough with them - I assure you that you don't want to be revising Yr 11 content in Yr 12, especially when juggling multiple other subjects.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)