• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

eco's half yearly (1 Viewer)

HayleeKate

HSC
Will Hunting said:
Ooohh, devastated! You got screwed over! On the bright side, though, your teacher's sure to take into account his own failure to disclose the correct information when marking your paper, and should, on his own conscience, turn a blind eye on any govenment policy slip ups (although, I think you'll be cool either way, Hayley. Don't stress ;))
ahem, HER own failure, HER own conscience etc.
I love the way you suddenly jump at assuming everyone is male. Typical. Although she is kind of butch.

Actually, I mentioned as much to HER, that SHE would have to mark mine easier now, and SHE told me it was my own fault for asking her for help. SHE's got all day to help some 'slow learner' move from a band 3 to band 4, but hasnt got 5 minutes to help me, if its going to move me from a band 5 to band 6. I think she's out for sabotage on the tall poppies, this is the third assessment this year she's given me a bum-steer on, and she practically does the whole assessment for all the 'slow learners'. We'll be having words if I dont top this exam.

roadcone

HSC
I totally agree.. I don't really see how you anybody would seriously take into consideration the fact that you decided not to study something because it was told (only to you from what i can infer) that it was not going to be in the exam. This is especially because it is only a part of a topic, not a whole topic. I think a better approach would be to get over it, learn from it, and in the future assume nothing (even if it IS on good advice)

HayleeKate

HSC
Without Wings said:
also on that note, even if a teacher had said a subject wouldnt be an extended response question, the topic may come up in mc or short answer, therefore you should study EVERYTHING

hayleekate, learn from this experience and remember for the future not to listen to the teacher
jeez, you guys are really going to town on belittling me on this, I hope you're all feeling better about yourselves for bringing me down.

#1, when its specifically given in the assessment notification that the case study will only be tested in the essay, and the topics to be covered in the short answer are also outlined, NOT including the case studying... NO, you dont need to study everything just in case its tested everywhere else.

#2, My teacher admitted it was her mistake, and she had done wrong by me, so I think I'll go for that rather than you all telling me it was my own fault.

#3 She specifically said "dont waste your time studying THIS", I didnt "just decided" not to study some section of the course. I actually did study a few key points on the topic anyway, just for fun, and I did manage to write a 7 page essay, and I'm actually not that worried that I'm going to do badly, just blowing steam that I could've got maybe a mark higher.

#4 My main issue is not what she did, but as she was helping me, she was all the time bragging about how much she'd been harrassed for help from the 'slower learners' in my class, and how she'd spent hours helping them, [without telling them any incorrect tips] Why is it my fault for wanting the same help she's giving to other students in the class?

#5 I shouldnt listen to her advice? If you cant trust advice from your teacher, who is the head teacher, who is the one who set the exam, who is the sole marker of the exam...who the hell can you ask for help?

Last edited:

HayleeKate

HSC
Without Wings said:
the point is teachers shouldnt tell you wots in an exam, tehy can only make suggestions.

it wasnt about bringing you down, im sorry if you took it that way. it was about realising that you cant trust what ur teacher says about whats going to be in an exam, you should study everythign you have learnt. you have to take responsibilty for your learning :)
I didnt ask what was in the exam, jsut for help with studying for the essay, which she'd told me she'd given other students, and she offered the advice of not to study this bit, thats not telling me whats in the exam, its a 'suggestion' not to study a section. I thought taking responsibility for your learning included asking for help when you didnt understand something.. thats all i did, I said to her: I'm struggling with my case study, asked for an example or practice question, and she offered the advice. If I wasnt taking responsibility for my learning, I would've sat at home and gone, well i dont understand my case study, but, im not going to ask for help, because you never can trust those teachers!

Mandy101

HSC
The lesson to learn is that you should just study everything just in case. That's what I do, and it's what everyone should do. Teachers aren't infallible - they could easily forget something they put in a test, and they can always make last minute changes. In future, just don't rely on anyone else for you should cover in exam preparation.

HayleeKate

HSC
Look guys, I didnt really need to learn the lesson, I did study a bit for what the teacher told me not to study, just not as much as I otherwise would have. Got the results back today, topped my class in that section, and every other, so i guess I'm just naturally brilliant and dont need to study anyway.
Life is sweet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)