• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

EdAssist LEctures (1 Viewer)

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
I went today..yay!! the lectures were reaallllly good! Did anyone else go? What did you think of em?

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
they are these lectures held periodicallt throughout the year by Edassist..the one i went to was at sydney uni in the merewether building..they have pretty much every subject u can think of (sept ext 2 maths and sum not very popular subjects)but off the top of my head i can think of
*maths (2u, general and ext 1)
*eng(2U adv and standard)
*bio, chem, physics
*economics
*legal studies
ummmmmmmm...oh wait ill get the flyer yay!! found it
*Business Studies
*PE
*Geography
*Modern History
yupo thats all of em
n u can buy all these books that cover each section in tha syllabus yay!!!
today was gooooooood..i dunno wen tha next one is..i think in the holidays sumtime

Ziff

HSC
N/A
How much do they cost? :p

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
:p:p:p:p well ziffy :p:p:p:p:p
they're 25 buckasmackaroonies per course n each course is like i hr n 15 minutes

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Sounds expensive, I'll take my luck with myself and attempts at motivating myself to learn...

m1nx

HSC
yup, i was down there too for eco and legal~ the legal one was pretty good, the lecturer was from cheltenham = pretty much topped legal in the state until alex (at my school) last year :D you can pick up lots of interesting things at these lectures ... like when abouts the hsc is being set (v important for eco imho). that and tragically realising that you've really gotta start studying if the other kids can come up w/ answers off the top of their heads and you can't. eughh...

dilos

HSC
yeh i went to the lectures in the december03 holidays, not bad...but some of the essay writing ones were tedious...the guy who did time management was soo funny, very motivating..

how do they teach the maths and sciences in a day? do they just briefly read the syllabus? i mean as you said it's only slightly over an hour.

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
they go over the syllabus and outline all the general stuff u need to know, and they terminology u shud familiarise yourself with. And for each section they go through one or two questions to identify mistakes people make like in chemistry all diagrams should be 2D..that is if ur drawing a reflux reaction u shouldnt draw the condenser with a horizontal line going through the tubey thing......i get what i mean.
i went to maths ext1, adv english, phys and chem
omg the physics guy was an idiot...every two seconds he'd b plugging his own books like "time for a short commercial break..see these surfing physics books? I wrote them...SO BUY THEM!!!!" bloddy hell amn..move on with ur life..i get it u wrote three farking books....eeesh!!!...sorry for that had to get it outt

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
i had parent teacher interviews.. business studies.. all i do wrong is my terminology lol
i lose marks cuz i say 'inertia' rather than 'inertia of managers and owners'
blah
theres also lectures like those ones at macquarie uni.. but they go all day and cost $50

dilos

HSC
at maquarie uni? where can i find out about those ones?...

the maths at syd uni sounds ok, like i'd like to go through and be told the little but significant details.

yeh, i pppl like that who are only there to seel their own work/books...so cheap man...i know exactly what you mean.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)