• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Effort to get 80+ in 4U (1 Viewer)

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
So what kind of effort is required to get at least 80?
My aim is to get at least over 80 in 4u.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
So long as you know the basics and do a few practise papers you'll be ok.

If you are get something along the lines of 55% in the final exams you'll end up with a number in the 80s :)

hscishard

HSC
For 2010, you need to be 1st in your class and get 58/120 in the external exam. This is from shadowdude's raw marks

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
For 2010, you need to be 1st in your class and get 58/120 in the external exam. This is from shadowdude's raw marks
Or you could come last and hope that the lowest HSC exam mark from your school is higher than 58 ;)

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
My family keep persuading me to drop 4u :/ I'm not doing particularly bad at it, they just think its better for me to do good in 3u+2u instead of taking the 'risk' of 4u.

Amogh

HSC
N/A
My family keep persuading me to drop 4u :/ I'm not doing particularly bad at it, they just think its better for me to do good in 3u+2u instead of taking the 'risk' of 4u.
It's all about your abilities and comfort with this subject. I doubt your family could be a good judge of that. If you believe you are coping fine with 4U, then keep it!

What's your current rank in school and what's the school ranked?

nae_13

Premium Member
HSC
I had some trouble with this - my parents didn't really want me to do it in the first place. But it was my decision, and I took it, and am glad I did. But its still niggling at the back of my mind if I'd be better off with a really good 2u unit mark, than a bad 4u.

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
It's all about your abilities and comfort with this subject. I doubt your family could be a good judge of that. If you believe you are coping fine with 4U, then keep it!

What's your current rank in school and what's the school ranked?
I'm ranked first out of five (LOL) and my school's rank last year was 296 and the year before it was 400 (bahaha)

I had some trouble with this - my parents didn't really want me to do it in the first place. But it was my decision, and I took it, and am glad I did. But its still niggling at the back of my mind if I'd be better off with a really good 2u unit mark, than a bad 4u.
I know :| that thought is on the back of my mind. Like I think, maybe if i stop doing 4u, I'd have more time to focus on my other subjects etcetcetc.

I just have no idea what to do.

nae_13

Premium Member
HSC
I'm ranked first out of five (LOL) and my school's rank last year was 296 and the year before it was 400 (bahaha)

I know :| that thought is on the back of my mind. Like I think, maybe if i stop doing 4u, I'd have more time to focus on my other subjects etcetcetc.

I just have no idea what to do.
I'm also ranked first, but only out of two :p And to make matters worse, I think the other student might be dropping. And that brings on a whole new round of questions... like is it bad or risky to be the only one in the class? Cause I can't compare myself to anyone else, and have no-one to fall back on if I bomb out :/

nae_13

Premium Member
HSC
It is a situation that could be good, or turn out terribly wrong. But it was practically one on one before anyway - a perk to a non-selective school I spose. The 3u class only has 5 in it as well :]

hscishard

HSC
I'm also ranked first, but only out of two :p And to make matters worse, I think the other student might be dropping. And that brings on a whole new round of questions... like is it bad or risky to be the only one in the class? Cause I can't compare myself to anyone else, and have no-one to fall back on if I bomb out :/
That'll be awsome. That means all that moderating crap doesn't apply to you. But meh, you're still first (i.e. nothing happens to you anyway)

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
If you can at least pass the external exam (and roughly maintain your assessment rank) then it should be no problem to get at least 80.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)