• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Email working for new students (1 Viewer)

IP_freely

evo 9 ftw
HSC
is there a way of where u can transfer ur emails from ur uws account to ur hotmail 1?
ie when sum1 sends u an email to ur uws 1 it goes directly into ur hotmail account

i was told that u could do this by a few students at acprep but i cant seem to find the option

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Yes you can. Here are the instructions:
- Open webmail :p
- Click user preferences - second on the left
- Towards the top theres a reply to rectangle, write your email in there.
- Towards the bottom theres a forward email to rectangle, again write you email in there.
- Click the save button down the bottom.

And bingo your uws email account is wired to your hotmail acount :)

Jacks

HSC
I think all mail sent to either of the three e-mail addresses end up in the one inbox...so not to worry cape, the alias is usually a way of contacting the person without knowing their student number...for example using their name instead.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
You can use it for personnal use, eg, I used it to get an ebay account :uhhuh: hehe, but usually its just a form of communication between students and lecturers and also students to students.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I have no idea. Never heard of it until i read the above posts.

Dumdida

HSC
N/A
k i done this, i sent myself(hotmail account) an email from uws account. i checked it and it says studentnumber@scholar.uws.edu.au
i got an email from dis lady at acprep and i saw dat she has sent it to my studentnumber@studentmail.uws.edu.au one, and then i found out about the alias thingy and it just sends it to the studentnumber@student mail one. So, they are sent to the studentnumber@studentmail one but when u send a mail it shows studentnumber@scholar and someone can send something to all three emails.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Omgosh! That was so confusing! lol.

Maybe scholar means people like lecturers or something and studentmail is everyone else. I think that they are all the same thing. but all emails should be going to the studentmail one.

JAZZAY

HSC
hmmmm.....my email isnt working. It keeps telling me wrong password. Are we supposed to use the password we made up (to access platform web) or our birthday password (which we use to access webct)?

Dumdida

HSC
N/A
platformweb is ur birthday eg 13071987 i just found that out too, for student mail its the one u made up for uwsaccount thing

Jacks

HSC
yep, for your student mail you use the same password that you use to access platform web, so whatever you came up with is what you use...just keep trying maybe they haven't set up everyone's accounts properly yet ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)