• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

English survey thing (1 Viewer)

Someguy123

Hey if u could complete the survey below for english ( yeah i k now i was like wtf myself, it will be greatly appreciated. In short i had to pick two texts and survey people about their veiws in realtion to the texts, and compare and contrast them to my own views and ideas. ( so its like a comparative study in a way)

Have u

a) watched the the movie AMERICAN BEAUTY
b) read the novel THE GREAT GATSBY or
c) both of the above
d) neither ( stop survey here)

THEME: I have choosen to study the two texts in relation to THE common theme found within them both of the AMERICAN DREAM ( ie striving for money and the perfect lifestyle)

How do u personally feel the text relates to my choosen theme above? ( ie provide examples were u think it is shown, say what you think) In realtion to characters, language and context. An example could be caroline in american beauty striving to obatin the american dream through her job.

Even if u dont understand could u plz write something as i need as many differnt views to compare and contrast with as possible!
thanks!

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
i studied the theme on the american dream and gatsby so i have literaly a TONNE of notes on both things. but i havent seen american beauty. so its just (b) for me

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
c, but that would require me re-living year 11 memories....

alby

cool duckie
HSC
a
i'll send u some of my notes on american beauty...had to do 1 or 2 essays for my tutor on it, plus i've just got some general notes
good luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)