• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Enrolment- What subject choices do you need? (1 Viewer)

vanilla_bean

HSC
N/A
When you enrol for Bcommerce or Bec, which subject choices do you have to have on the day of enrolment?

vanilla_bean

HSC
N/A
thanks! how do you find out all the choices? i'm really confused...

vanilla_bean

HSC
N/A
by subjects does that mean you choose your majors and electives in the major?

Lainee

HSC
At enrollment, I think that you need only work out your timetable for the coming semester (or the year - someone please clarify this). For commerce, your first year would mostly consist of core courses (see the handbook for whether they're semester 1/2 or available in both). You don't satisfy the requirements for a major until you complete the number of credit points in that area of study (check these requirements in the handbook - eg. minimum of __ credit points in senior courses).

However, if your program allows for electives in the first year then you need to specify what you want to do on enrollment day - as well as any core subjects that your major requires, if these too are necessary in year 1.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Lainee said:
At enrollment, I think that you need only work out your timetable for the coming semester (or the year - someone please clarify this). For commerce, your first year would mostly consist of core courses (see the handbook for whether they're semester 1/2 or available in both). You don't satisfy the requirements for a major until you complete the number of credit points in that area of study (check these requirements in the handbook - eg. minimum of __ credit points in senior courses).

However, if your program allows for electives in the first year then you need to specify what you want to do on enrollment day - as well as any core subjects that your major requires, if these too are necessary in year 1.
You have to pick for both semesters. When picking your subjects you should keep into consideration any prerequesite subjects required for any subjects you might want to or need to do in later years.

Super Pig

Full time Bludger
HSC
Lainee said:
At enrollment, I think that you need only work out your timetable for the coming semester (or the year - someone please clarify this)...
At enrolment you only specify the subjects you wanna do for that year. You won't get your personal timetable until early March. If there are clashes, you should go to the student centre on Carslaw level 1 to resolve the problem. You may also change your timetable a little bit to meet your needs (done online). You will be able to see the timetable for individual subjects online after you receive your UniKey account. You can change your subject choices online after enrolment day, up to 10 times per semester, or 20 times per year. You won't be allowed to add courses to your list after the 1st week of lectures. And you are allowed to drop courses from your list until March 31st (the HECS census date). After that your enrolment details are locked in, and the uni will send you a summary.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)