• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Entry Requirements for Graduate Law (1 Viewer)

Satchel Pooch

HSC
Does anybody know how hard it really is to get into the graduate law programme at either Sydney, UNSW, UWA or Monash? Is finishing honours or masters that important to these particular unis? I'll be completing my arts degree this semester without going on to honours and am absolutely sure I want to make the switch to law. I satisfy the UAI requirements for undergrad entry, but I don't want to have to go through another 5 years of school--on the other hand, I'm not sure if my uni grades are up to scratch (I am not graduating from an Australian uni and my grade point average is about 75%). Is there anyone here in the programme or who knows anything about the entry requirements?

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Have you checked their websites, generally all their admission info will be there. Otherwise most uni's have a number you can call to talk to someone about admission, this would also be on their websites.

I'm not sure if anyone is doing grad law in here, most would be undergrads I think.

santaslayer

HSC
The UAC guide is very specific with Graduate law in most universities.

From memory, 25% UAI and 75% GPA.

Honours or anything higher usually guarantees entry.

GPA is very important.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)