• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Expelled with one day left. (1 Viewer)

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
EDIT 2: Denying someone their future...? Last time I checked, a waterbomb doesn't get you sent to life imprisonment...
But it does apparently stop you from taking HSC exams...

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
That's like saying Presidents can't get arrested for corruption.
There are many other avenues the school could have taken, and most schools explore them.

We all know that most schools in NSW are doing all they can for higher rankings, and most schools will do anything they can to keep a potential band six student on to make them look good.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
There are many other avenues the school could have taken, and most schools explore them.

We all know that most schools in NSW are doing all they can for higher rankings, and most schools will do anything they can to keep a potential band six student on to make them look good.
Meh, either way, OP, and any other kid that got suspended for 'muck up activities' made their own bed.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
1. Ok your situation is different cos you actually got hurt and Im gonna try not to defend the people in the car, but this is one of those situations where yeah the year 12s got it wrong and shouldnt of done it in that circumstance. Nevertherless, did they do it on purpose to hurt you and send you to hospital?no.
I find it hard to believe that they are not smart enough to figure out that throwing a moving object at someone from a moving object is going to hurt. Particularly waterbombs.

My arguements have been put forward in assumption that people are throwing waterbombs and yeah are getting people wet but not hurting them. I mean, that is the pretty much the whole fucking purpose of a waterbomb, if the purpose was otherwise, then why not throw a fucking brick or a rock?
Have you ever been hit in the face by a waterbomb someone has lobbed at you? As a previous poster mentioned, chuck it at someone's eyes and you can blind them. Are you that thick? At speed, a waterbomb may as well be a rock.

And you gotta assume that the driveby people didnt take into account the physics of things rofl its the last week of school, Im 90% certain if they got the opportunity to see you and hear you out they would apologize. You go on to specific say where they hit you, cmon, they dont have pinpoint accuracy with crosshairs infront of them as they are throwing. And it is highly unlikely that they would of thrown ANYTHING at an elderly person...
But they'd throw it at an unsuspecting member of the public who might have a heart condition, who might have been hit in the face and blinded or hit in the nose and had it broken - or, fuck, be a young female like me, be hit in the boob and it be enough to cause breast cancer!

It's not about the severity of the crime or the impact. Stabbing someone with a chopstick is exactly the same crime as stabbing someone with a chopstick.

So my argument here is that you've just thrown up a circumstance which is entirely different to what i think is being argued here with me and a couple of other people, its like bringing an argument into a conversation about why scissors should be banned from school because 'i got cut really seriously and went to the hospital' which is very serious, but not quite the substantial justification.
And that is a straw man argument.

2. an EGG and a WATERBOMB have very very different dynamics, im sorry about your ipod. But if i put my phone on my table right now and hurled 10 waterbombs at it im pretty certain it would still be intact
Not very. You yourself said that the point of chucking a waterbomb at someone is to wet them. You think if they got hit near an open pocket (like my iPod and the egg) that any electronics within that pocket wouldn't get ruined?

Supaweak

HSC
I find it hard to believe that they are not smart enough to figure out that throwing a moving object at someone from a moving object is going to hurt. Particularly waterbombs.

Have you ever been hit in the face by a waterbomb someone has lobbed at you? As a previous poster mentioned, chuck it at someone's eyes and you can blind them. Are you that thick? At speed, a waterbomb may as well be a rock.

But they'd throw it at an unsuspecting member of the public who might have a heart condition, who might have been hit in the face and blinded or hit in the nose and had it broken - or, fuck, be a young female like me, be hit in the boob and it be enough to cause breast cancer!

It's not about the severity of the crime or the impact. Stabbing someone with a chopstick is exactly the same crime as stabbing someone with a chopstick.

And that is a straw man argument.

Not very. You yourself said that the point of chucking a waterbomb at someone is to wet them. You think if they got hit near an open pocket (like my iPod and the egg) that any electronics within that pocket wouldn't get ruined?

ok im back for more just came back home, btw just so you know i like debating and arguing for my point im not trying to hate anyone here lol. but to continue

1. Again, last week of year 12, they're having fun, uh i already said this was a very different circumstance to what ive been trying to defend, but bleh
2. ok your taking it way too far with this waterbomb thing and about how dangerous it is. all your doing is describing a highly uncommon circumstance of how a waterbomb is used. Did you know that a waterbomb can kill if someone walks up to you and shoves it down your throat? -.-"
3. i dont want to get into this electronics and water thing but cmon you all know it, a clean waterbomb making direct impact on a piece of technology will only wet the surface and you know it, stop bringing up this stupid argument.
4. my straw argument? its kind of on the same line of what your doing here, your disregarding practically a fun 'toy' and calling it lethal, well guess what, chopsticks are lethal, scissors are lethal, heck alot of equipment brought to school is lethal. I just tried to make a comparison of what you were describing and how while it is true and can happen its away from the point.

lol hope i made sense, ill get back to sikhman in a sec

Last edited:

Supaweak

HSC
now you've misinterpreted me - I said your view is that either people are the 'stereotypical nerd' who goes to lan parties, or they're some crazy idiot who goes around trying to bond with friends over lighting fires...

Oh yeah, because lighting fires with your mates is the only way to have a 'social moment'. Wow, you are ridiculously naive and retarded - wait until you actually learn something about society...

Is it that hard to interpret? A bullet thrown in a fire explodes, sending little bits of metal everywhere - which can end up in people's bodies.

It melted? I find that highly unlikely, and so does my friend, who has a permanent scar thanks to shrapnel produced from a vegie bomb.

So stop putting words in my mouth, and, like Kwayera said, grow up.

EDIT: How can you not fathom the concept that if you throw a waterbomb at someone, it can hit them in the face and blind them?

EDIT 2: Denying someone their future...? Last time I checked, a waterbomb doesn't get you sent to life imprisonment...
1. I have never said that the world is made up of a) nerds and b) radicals. I said people every now and then have FUN and do stupid but HARMLESS stuff ie egging houses, throwing waterbombs. But you did make it seem as though 'hurr supaweak only has fun doing retarded stuff like blowing up deodorant cans'. no, its not like that, yeah on a footy camp with just the team yeah we do stupid shit like that late night on the beach but not to hurt anyone. Thats the main point.
2. Did i say blowing up deodorant cans is the only way to be social with friends?No i didnt.
3. The bullet thing i didnt know LOL, its not a matter of interpretation in that one. But hey you learn something every day
4. Yup the can melted. at the time i didnt know what to expect but iono maybe there was a hole it in?
5. can you list or copy and paste all the times i put words in your mouth.
6. grow up? I am grown, and im being realistic about things. Waterbombs are not the physical embodiment of everything that is dangerous, nor are they any more dangerous than scissors or pens.
7. wait hold up, just before you said that YOU were in all those positions, around a fire with an 'exploding bullet', why didnt you stop that from happening mr righteousness? and wait oh yeah you're part of the hardcore group around the exploding vegetable can. ooohhh shittttt this guy must be more gangsta than everyone on this forum.

hmm you might be sleeping now, maybe we can continue this tomorrow if im home.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
ok im back for more just came back home, btw just so you know i like debating and arguing for my point im not trying to hate anyone here lol. but to continue

1. Again, last week of year 12, they're having fun, uh i already said this was a very different circumstance to what ive been trying to defend, but bleh
Once again, motherfucking throwing a waterbomb from a car and winding an innocent passerby is not fun for the victim. I can hardly see how the situation of the OP is any different.

2. ok your taking it way too far with this waterbomb thing and about how dangerous it is. all your doing is describing a highly uncommon circumstance of how a waterbomb is used. Did you know that a waterbomb can kill if someone walks up to you and shoves it down your throat? -.-"
It ain't way too far. It's just a consequence you didn't think of when you were too busy off having "fun". It's assault, a crime, which was why the OP, in his mounting idiocy, was expelled.

3. i dont want to get into this electronics and water thing but cmon you all know it, a clean waterbomb making direct impact on a piece of technology will only wet the surface and you know it, stop bringing up this stupid argument.
Try splashing water all over your iPhone, if you have one, and see how happy it is (and how unhappy Apple is with you if you try and get it fixed/replaced. They don't cover waterdamage).

4. my straw argument? its kind of on the same line of what your doing here, your disregarding practically a fun 'toy' and calling it lethal, well guess what, chopsticks are lethal, scissors are lethal, heck alot of equipment brought to school is lethal. I just tried to make a comparison of what you were describing and how while it is true and can happen its away from the point.
Toys aren't toys when they hurt someone, or are used in a manner that can and does hurt people, no matter the "fun" intent.

This is part of being an adult. Get used to it.

untouchablecuz

HSC
Kwayera said:
does that really cause breast cancer :confused: i thought it was a myth

why doesnt the same happen with males?

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
a few years ago, someone from yr 12 from my school threw a waterbomb and it blinded someone...so it seems pretty serious.

1337z4u12

HSC
this whole argument has been over analysed

im agreeing with Supaweak for most of this. The guy threw a balloon filled with water on his last week of school. Its not like he brought and actual weapon, like a BB gun or something. Ive remembered some of the things past year 12s have done, including myself, and people on this forum are getting so up tight about what is essentially a toy. In fact, i can recall during my experiences many instances where i have witnessed and been apart of things that never got anyone expelled.
People really need to loosen up... i didn't realise this generation was so conservative.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I don't get what you can't see about this. When water + electronics = fucked up phone/Ipod. Yeah, sure, your Ipod/Phone is still in tact, but it doesn't even fucking work.

a few years ago, someone from yr 12 from my school threw a waterbomb and it blinded someone...so it seems pretty serious.
Yes, in the 1998, half the grade got suspended for a numerous amount of things, including throwing a waterbomb at one of the Sydney Girls' students, and blinding her.

Sydney Boys High School [The letter from the Principal to students].

Last edited:

Supaweak

HSC
Gooooooooooood Morning# At work if your wondering why im up so early

1. There's a classic case of putting words into my mouth - when did I say you only have fun doing retarded stuff?

2. Yet you told me I 'should do it' just to have a social moment - there are plenty of other ways without being a complete idiot.

3. I have no idea how that is a matter of interpretation, but I'll just put that down to you being a complete dumbass.

4. No argument here - simple physics. Even if it did melt, which I'm going to assume is somehow possible, there is still the possibility of it exploding before it melts. Still dangerous.

5. See 1.

6. That's because people don't go around trying to hurt others with pens, and it's a lot easier to blind someone with a waterbomb than it is with a pen. I don't see the argument in 'Other stuff is dangerous, so it's ok if I make the world a little more dangerous by doing this stupid thing'

7. i. The bullet thing happened quickly - plus I wasn't actually at the exact fire when it happened
7.ii. We were cooking food. We were watching our own food, making sure it didn't get ash and crap into it. The guy who put the can on didn't think - he wasn't being a tool like you - he didn't realise it would explode.

EDIT: You are not grown up, you are immature, and are a blight upon society.

EDIT 2: You know how easy it is to blind someone with a waterbomb? This is what you do: You throw it at them. If they happen to turn around to face it, and it happens to be at their eyes, they may get blinded. That's the danger. That's why its stupid. And it has happened before. Also - this happened:
1. You said that my point of view on things was that 'lighting fires with your mates is the only way to have a 'social moment'. Through that sentence alone you make it seem that i only have fun doing retarded stuff. Hence, you said it indirectly.
2. *sigh* Well did you know that its a lot easier to kill someone driving a car than blinding someone with a waterbomb? should that be justification enough to stop the production of cars? No, its not. Same goes for water bombs and their ability to blind people.
3. My other argument is not 'Other stuff is dangerous, so it's ok if I make the world a little more dangerous by doing this stupid thing'.
4. oh and the bullet thing, its not a matter of interpretation -> i said that. Its a matter if you know what happens when a bullet goes into a fire or not - common knowledge. And i just didnt know, is that fair enough? Yeah ok call me a dumbass for not knowing w/e i dont really care I can name a whole bunch of facts which you probably dont know either. So it was never a matter of interpretation.

Dude you took this way too far by trying to criminalize water bombs, Kwayera could do this because of her situation but now all your saying is that Water Bombs are Lethal. Does that mean your never ever going to throw a waterbomb at a person because it has the ability to blind someone? gtfo.
Maybe you should never drive a car either because that has the potential to kill.

Immature? Im fairly certain that im putting up a decent argument here, its only mature that this is continuing, otherwise you would of made me stop a long time ago

Last edited:

Supaweak

HSC
once again for all this waterbomb + electronics stuff

WATER + ELECTRONICS doesnt equal WATER BOMB + ELECTRONICS

yes im fairly certain if i drown my phone in water it will stop working. A waterbomb has only the potential to wet the surface of it, even less if its in your pocket. I cant believe im explaining this.
I dont want to bring up past experiences/externalities like everyone here is doing but yeah ive dropped my phone in a pretty deep puddle before [htc touch hd], totally submerged in water for about 1-2 seconds before i rushed to pick it up. Dried out the phone and battery for a few hours in rice and voila it works. Now im not trying to be picky and generalized all phones with mine as an example but my main point is:
Yes, if you submerged your whole phone/ipod/whatever in water, it is very likely going to be fucked.
No, if a waterbomb splashes on your phone/ipod which is most likely IN YOUR POCKET. it is highly unlikely to mess it up, doing less than wetting the surface.

Stop bringing this up, its not like im talking about a super soaker pointed point blank into someones pocket with a phone in it

edit : i just reread some of the comments. Did you honestly think that when i said 'intact' that i meant that the phone/ipod was no longer operational but just intact physically? my goodness..

Last edited:

Revacious

o-o
HSC
N/A
MAN UP

but seriously, even if it technically could have been assault, and it could have caused irreparable damage, the fact of the matter is it didnt.

its like saying, oh shit, you ran with scissors, thats an offence because you could have fallen over and stabbed me in the face!

obviously you would feel that you were entitled to 'more' of an opinion, if you were actually hit in the face or chest or groin (who doesnt think it's funny to see someone else hit in the groin?) with a waterbomb, but that actually just creates bias.

if a member of your family was an innocent bystander at a bank robbery, and got shot, obviously you would be more inclined to be against guns.

sure, the op did something which could have had consequences. but it didnt, and the school is run by idiots, the end.

Last edited:

Supaweak

HSC
Ok, now you're really deeply analysing my posts - I don't have any more time for immature idiots like you, and the only reason I'm arguing, because I know you will never give up because you are an absolute retard, is that I think you should at least think about what you're doing. You actually don't understand what I'm saying, and you pretty much have no evidence to back up your arguments. Clearly you don't understand what a 'principle' is, considering this entire debate is about the principle of the action, not the actual consequences of one particular incident. So I'm going to stop posting now, because I want to move on with my life - but if you want to reply saying 'Oh look, he's giving up' - fine with me, because at the end of the day, you're just an idiot. If you don't, well maybe there's a glimmer of hope for you - but probably not. I hope someday you get blinded by a water bomb.
dude, you talk like we've just had a major life altering moment in which your moving away from. chill, its just a debate where we're just expressing our views and throwing a few curses around, but lol if you want to take it like that then okiedokie. the debate was about throwing water bombs and wetting someone, with no serious harm done. But you took it to a whole nother level with this 'you can blind someone by throwing a waterbomb' stuff, i mean what the hell, you can't just throw in a totally unlikely circumstance as an argument. Oh and btw I havent needed to provide any evidence in my arguments, whilst i know you committed some time googling and brought up a few stories about this and that. I make it a principle not to bring up stories about oh 'my friend did blah blah' because theres always potential that this anonymous poster could be just bullshitting to support his argument (dare say though ill take your word)

anyways, if you wanna end it, then thats fine (not to say i dont mind continuing :p)

Lets sum up some of the morals we have derived:
1. You should never ever throw a water bomb at a person. EVER. because it is highly likely that you will BLIND them.
2. If you ever throw a water bomb at someone with an Ipod/Phone in their pocket. It is 100% likely that the electronic good is going to be fucked. Yup, absolutely no argument here, no matter how enclosed or deep your phone is in your pocket, if you get a water bomb thrown at you, its going to be fucked.
3.Year 12s and Prefects should absolutely NOT commit any incoherent activities on their muckup days in their final week of high school because they are Role Models to the junior students and if junior students watch their senior students do activities such as throwing water bombs it will change their life forever and affect their education severely. In turn they will transform into young suburban thugs committing crime as a result of their senior peers setting a bad example. It is obvious that this will happen because students from years 7-9 are clearly mindless dolts waiting to be influenced.
4. If a year 12 student does throw a waterbomb in his last week of school, he should be immediately and severely punished [Expulsion/suspension may be sufficient]
4. [Serious one here] Dont use fun toys or things in a dangerous manner, as we can read here about a case of driveby water bombing.
5. Supaweak, who has a very apt username and its obvious that the best way to judge an anonymous member of BOS is through analyzing their username, is an ungrown retarded idiot, who thinks it is fun to throw waterbombs and doesnt think that waterbombing is a serious enough offence to be expelled from high school for.

Hmm i think i covered everything..feel free to add

mirakon

nigga
HSC
@Supaweak

You continuously miss the point.

1. You should never ever throw a water bomb at a person. EVER. because it is highly likely that you will BLIND them.
We never claimed it was higly likely, but it does happen, it's happenned before and that's a fact. Are you stupid enough to take the risk of having a little fun, knowing full well there are far superior forms of amusement than something that can potentially injure someone?

2. If you ever throw a water bomb at someone with an Ipod/Phone in their pocket. It is 100% likely that the electronic good is going to be fucked. Yup, absolutely no argument here, no matter how enclosed or deep your phone is in your pocket, if you get a water bomb thrown at you, its going to be fucked.
Once again gross exaggeration of the point. Surprisingly, tlaking from experience, water does screw up electronics a lot of the time. Just because it hasn't happened to you it doesn't mean it can't happen to anyone else. Just because you had slight amusement from chucking a water bomb at someone, you could end up owing them $400. Good luck in finding this part of the situation fun.

'Woot I owe someone $400 because I had a bit of amusement! That was a smart decision'

See my point? It may not always happen, but it does actually happen quite often.

3.Year 12s and Prefects should absolutely NOT commit any incoherent activities on their muckup days in their final week of high school because they are Role Models to the junior students and if junior students watch their senior students do activities such as throwing water bombs it will change their life forever and affect their education severely. In turn they will transform into young suburban thugs committing crime as a result of their senior peers setting a bad example. It is obvious that this will happen because students from years 7-9 are clearly mindless dolts waiting to be influenced.
Year 12s and Prefects are supposed to be role models. Surprising that you go on about peer pressure to justify throwing water bombs, but ignore the influence older students can have on younger students. An older student throws a water bomb and some naive suck-up Year 7 (even you should agree that by nature Year 7s often suck up to Year 12s) says 'Hey, that's pretty cool.' and it can escalate from there.

4. If a Year 12 student does throw a waterbomb in his last week of school, he should be immediately and severely punished [Expulsion/suspension may be sufficient]
Perhaps the only legitimate point you have raised thus far. however, Year 12s are supposed to be studying for their HSC. A serious mentality should take hold. I have no problem with jokes and fun, but taking an obvious risk where you know that you will get in trouble is stupid at this stage. The guy who threw the water bomb knew he was going to get in trouble and unfortunately for him, he payed a heavy price. It was a stupid risk only a stupid person would take.

5. Supaweak, who has a very apt username and its obvious that the best way to judge an anonymous member of BOS is through analyzing their username, is an ungrown retarded idiot, who thinks it is fun to throw waterbombs and doesnt think that waterbombing is a serious enough offence to be expelled from high school for.
Although it's slack that people attack you personally, and I'm against that, your points are admittedly weak.

Supaweak

HSC
@Supaweak

You continuously miss the point.

We never claimed it was higly likely, but it does happen, it's happenned before and that's a fact. Are you stupid enough to take the risk of having a little fun, knowing full well there are far superior forms of amusement than something that can potentially injure someone?

Once again gross exaggeration of the point. Surprisingly, tlaking from experience, water does screw up electronics a lot of the time. Just because it hasn't happened to you it doesn't mean it can't happen to anyone else. Just because you had slight amusement from chucking a water bomb at someone, you could end up owing them $400. Good luck in finding this part of the situation fun.

'Woot I owe someone $400 because I had a bit of amusement! That was a smart decision'

See my point? It may not always happen, but it does actually happen quite often.

Year 12s and Prefects are supposed to be role models. Surprising that you go on about peer pressure to justify throwing water bombs, but ignore the influence older students can have on younger students. An older student throws a water bomb and some naive suck-up Year 7 (even you should agree that by nature Year 7s often suck up to Year 12s) says 'Hey, that's pretty cool.' and it can escalate from there.

Perhaps the only legitimate point you have raised thus far. however, Year 12s are supposed to be studying for their HSC. A serious mentality should take hold. I have no problem with jokes and fun, but taking an obvious risk where you know that you will get in trouble is stupid at this stage. The guy who threw the water bomb knew he was going to get in trouble and unfortunately for him, he payed a heavy price. It was a stupid risk only a stupid person would take.

Although it's slack that people attack you personally, and I'm against that, your points are admittedly weak.
how did your sarcasm sense not start tingling? you actually took every point incredibly seriously. wow.
But it appears you wanna take off where sikhman left?
So how about this. Do you know that when you drive a car you are putting yourself and others in immediate danger? Daresay more danger than throwing a water bomb at someone? So why do you drive a car? Oh for the convenience? Well thats not good enough, because the consequences could result in someone DYING (more than $400), just because you want the convenience of travelling is that enough to put yourself and other people at risk by stepping behind the wheel?

'See my point? It may not always happen, but it does actually happen quite often.'
'Good luck in having fun driving a car for convenience when someone gets seriously hurt in an accident.'

Lets just say that you have been successful in convincing me that throwing a water bomb is dangerous and the punishment is deservedly expulsion from high school in your last week because of the incredibly unlikely threat of 'blinding' someone.

So have i convinced you enough to never drive a car because you have the possibility of killing someone with a highly powered and high velocity vehicle?
oh and i just saw your going for your HSC in 2011, lucky, but the last week of school while yeah students should be having it in the back of their mind they still gotta focus on the hsc, you face the fact that its the last week of school, you wanna spend it in a memorable (i didnt say dangerous) and fun way. You went through primary school, what was the last week of year 6 like? were you studying extremely hard in preparation for high school?no, its the freaking last week of school, enjoy it.

Last edited:

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Your argument is completely nullified by the fact that conveninece is something that is somewhat of a necessity. We use a car because if I didn't use one I'd have to wake up at 4am to get to school. There is absolutely nothing, on the other hand, necessary about a water bomb. Clearly, your argument is pointless.

Ok, you can have a bit of fun in the last week of school, but the point we've been trying to get into your head is that there are far more enjoyable things to do than throwing water bombs at people.

Do you lack the intelligence to come up with a recreational idea that is enjoyable that does not automatically lead to trouble? Common sense kicks in at this point. Do something fun that is not definitely going to get you into trouble. Throwing a water bomb will get you into trouble because you are going to screw up someone's clothes, put them in an uncomfortable position and potentially, although not always the case, harm them.

It's incredibly selfish to say that throwing a water bomb at someone is fun and therefore justified. What you are essentially doing is screwing up someone else's day for entertainment.

Finally, there is an incredible difference between Year 6 and Year 12. The last day in Year 6 is not before the exams that will determine your future career, whereas the last day in Year 12 is prior to the HSC. There is a substantial difference, and once again your argument proves futile.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)