• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Explaination (1 Viewer)

davohan123

HSC
Explanation

Can someone help me how do the board of stuides decide what exams are on what day :burn: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: i dislike this one some much

Last edited:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
davohan123 said:
Can someone help me how do the board of stuides decide what exams are on what day :burn: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: i dislike this one some much
They decide them based on the students. They don't put exams on the same time slot when there are students who do those 2 courses.

By the way, it is 'explanation' not 'explaination'. ;)

BackCountrySnow

HSC
I'm guessing they base the timetable on what subjects most people do. So most people won't get two eams in a day..

eg. not a lot of senior science students do ext history.

Im wondering since subjects like eco and construction are on at the same time, noone does both these subjects??

davohan123

HSC
i have guys bio and leagal on the same day i am so angry because i am about the only one in my skool with two on the same day not happy Jan

champo14

HSC
davohan123 said:
i have guys bio and leagal on the same day i am so angry because i am about the only one in my skool with two on the same day not happy Jan
Stop complaining.

Everyone who does Bio and Legal will have them on the same day. Just because you are the only one in your school doesn't mean there aren't thousands of kids in the same situation.

I had Music and English 1 last year, and I went well in both.

Imo, you'll be glad to have them over and done with.

EDIT: beeteedubs, it's "School" not "Skool"

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
you should stop complaining about things you cant change

and be dancing for having a weekend between AOS for english and Paper 2.

HSC
muahaha.. my only 2 exams on the same day are maths ext and hospo... guess not many would do both of those?? lol

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Without Wings said:
As I say every year...
The HSC timetable is designed purely based on that years cohort and the subjects they are undertaking - i.e what works best for the majority of 2008ers (basically trying to ensure the least number of people have 2 exams at one time).

Actually they do put exams on the 'same time slot' when there are students who do those 2 courses. This is because usually there is no possible combination that allows for everyone to only have one exam 'at a time' (unless they extended the exam period obviously). So the aim is to minimise the number of students who have 2 exams at one time.

Also, it isn't necessary to pick up every minor spelling mistake on the forum. It's an internet forum, we don't judge people based on their spelling mistakes/typing errors etc. Everyone isn't perfect and there isn't really a need to be - focus on the 'big picture'. ;)
I'm sure that you wrote your post in perfect grammar so someone wouldn't pick up a minor spelling mistake!! haha. just kidding XD

listen to WithoutWings. She is wise!!~~
and she listens to The Butterfly Effect ^__^

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:
and be dancing for having a weekend between AOS for english and Paper 2.
>-/-0

>-|-0

>-\-0

Without Wings said:
Also, it isn't necessary to pick up every minor spelling mistake on the forum. It's an internet forum, we don't judge people based on their spelling mistakes/typing errors etc. Everyone isn't perfect and there isn't really a need to be - focus on the 'big picture'.
it is if you're lyounamu

Last edited:
HSC
If you would want to change it and say it does get changed, that means some one else has to suffer with two exams on the same day so us people who are stuck with two are just unfortunate.

ameher

HSC
the name i want If you would want to change it and say it does get changed, that means some one else has to suffer with two exams on the same day so us people who are stuck with two are just unfortunate.

agreed. (biology and legal studies).

HSC
harsh days for legal and bio
I have business thursday, friday eng, monday eng and design lol

ameher

HSC
lol that looks chaotic, what day do u finish? i finish on the 29th with extension maths

HSC
lol not as bad as legal and bio same day! design isnt to hard, like what do you pick to study first lol you have to a perfect study plan to get enough for each subject haha i finsih on the 6th? i think with art

ameher

HSC
Lol yer ur right it does require something special particualrly since im expecting band 6's in both, but im gonna stay positive and obviously drink a v in between!

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
theshortykatt said:
i vote all 08ers rise up and have an unfriendly protest towards the board of studies....

i dont know what it would solve.. any suggestions?
ahahahahhahaha...
i hope you were being sarcastic.

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
theshortykatt said:
why would i be..

im a girl of action.
lol probably cause the chances of you doing convincing them are very slim, let alone convincing the whole 08 year to rally or whatever.
and even if you end up doing so there is no way to please everyone unless they make one exam/subject per day which in that case it will be new years eve and you will still be doing exams.

you are better off studying than concerning yourself with something that you are most likely not to change. at least that way you actually have a better chance of doing well :)

HSC
Without Wings said:
This is because usually there is no possible combination that allows for everyone to only have one exam 'at a time' (unless they extended the exam period obviously). So the aim is to minimise the number of students who have 2 exams at one time.
What happens in an instance whereby a student has two exams 'at a time'?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)