• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Extension maths (1 Viewer)

nottellingu

HSC
My teacher told me that to get a a hsc mark of 90% 45/50 in ext maths you have to get a raw mark very close to 90% for all the school assesments is this true ?
If u disagree with this what would be the mark required to get a hsc mark of 45/50 if u go to a school around an 80th rank

independantz

HSC
Nah i doubt you need 90%+ in all school assessments, just maintain a decent rank. The marks required to get 45+/50 vary each year, depending on the canditure and difficulty of the paper.

Foxodi

HSC
This depends entirely on your school/grade. Just maintain the highest rank possible.

live.fast

HSC
N/A
LOL just come 1st rank + whatever assessment marks that takes to do.

o.bi.sess

You feeling lucky, punk?
HSC
Hard to say, depending on the school you go to. For my school, this was true 'cause our raw assessment marks were very close to our scaled school marks that BoS receive.

Depending on how hard your tests are compared to the state, then a 90% raw might mean a 90% scaled. It also depends on how well the state does each year. You probably won't need to get a raw of 90% in the HSC, but you would definitely need something in the 80s, I would imagine.

On a side note, independantz --> Same HSC subjects *hive five*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)