• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

External transfers to UNSW commerce or comm/llb (+general transfer questions) (1 Viewer)

random1o1o1

HSC
N/A
Hi,

I'm in my 3rd year of university this year, and I transferred from UNSW to UTS. What marks am I looking at to achieve to transfer back into UNSW via UAC for commerce or commerce/law? (Don't ask why I transferred out please).

Will I need to wait a whole year at UTS or will half a year be enough to transfer? Will they look at my UTS marks only or UNSW+UTS marks? Also, if I transfer back into UNSW will my WAM be the same or will my transcript be the same but my WAM changes to my new course?

Thanks~

RishBonjour99

HSC
N/A
what the fuck?

Edit: just read your post properly 'don't ask why I transferred out' fair enough. Thought you were just jumping uni's for fun. You need around 65ish wam for UNSW commerce and 74-80 ish WAM for unsw comm/llb. Note that they vary.
You're WAM will probably reset but you should call up uni and ask them. They should have an OPTION to recall units from previous study - if they are completely irrelevant you can chose to start fresh.

Last edited:

random1o1o1

HSC
N/A
?

Does anyone know if I can transfer mid-year via UAC or must I complete another year?

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Hi,

I'm in my 3rd year of university this year, and I transferred from UNSW to UTS. What marks am I looking at to achieve to transfer back into UNSW via UAC for commerce or commerce/law? (Don't ask why I transferred out please).

Will I need to wait a whole year at UTS or will half a year be enough to transfer? Will they look at my UTS marks only or UNSW+UTS marks? Also, if I transfer back into UNSW will my WAM be the same or will my transcript be the same but my WAM changes to my new course?

Thanks~
So basically you did:

Commerce at UNSW for 1st year (2013)
Transferred into Business (I assume) at UTS for 2nd year (2014)
And now want to transfer back into Commerce or Commerce/Law at UNSW?

Is there any specific reasons as to why you want to transfer back to UNSW from UTS?

I think it's most advisable that you stay at UTS to complete your Business degree (or whatever degree you are currently doing), given how complicated your situation is.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Will they look at my UTS marks only or UNSW+UTS marks? Also, if I transfer back into UNSW will my WAM be the same or will my transcript be the same but my WAM changes to my new course?

Thanks~
They'll probably look at your UTS marks only (given how complicated it is for UAC to calculate a GPA from both your 2nd year at UTS and 1st year at UNSW).

I think your WAM will probably be the same if you choose to claim credit from your previous studies at UNSW (i.e. 1st year)? However, if you want to claim more credit from your UTS studies, any credited courses will not affect your WAM/new WAM.

?

Does anyone know if I can transfer mid-year via UAC or must I complete another year?
Seeing how you've already completed 2 years of university, I think you should be able to transfer mid-year?

Not 100% sure though.

[HR][/HR]

That being said, I'd say you should stay at UTS to finish off your current degree (assuming that you've completed around 72 UOC to 96 UOC of that degree already - including any credit transfer from your 1st year at UNSW).

Unless you've changed degrees during the past two years and even then...

random1o1o1

HSC
N/A
I read in the past that if I transfer back into UNSW, my transcript will still be the same, but I'm still not sure about my WAM. Some say it resets, some say it doesn't. @Rish I'm able to choose whether to keep or reset my WAM? Do you have a source?

RishBonjour99

HSC
N/A
I read in the past that if I transfer back into UNSW, my transcript will still be the same, but I'm still not sure about my WAM. Some say it resets, some say it doesn't. @Rish I'm able to choose whether to keep or reset my WAM? Do you have a source?
I said 'they should' have that option. It isn't automatic for usyd I believe I had to transfer credits when I changed my degrees.

Like I said, best way is to call them up. You aren't going to get int 'trouble' or anything. Seriously.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)