• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

EY or PwC? (1 Viewer)

know_it_all

yeh i called pwc n told them
they called me back n asked lots of qs why
i was honest...
they were like well there r more benefits doing a single degree..

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
isn't double degree for ppl who do TLS though whereas for auditing and so on.. people tend to do single degree so they can get to do their PY faster?

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
no such thing as PY anymore
its CA now

and PwC is so much better than the rest, like miles and miles ahead. and at the rate pwc is going, the other 3 havent a chance of catching up

HSC
N/A
babee_blu_eyez said:
yeh i called pwc n told them
they called me back n asked lots of qs why
i was honest...
they were like well there r more benefits doing a single degree..
wow...thats pretty pushy... but i guess all the firms want the best ;p

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
i prefer to call it PY =P my sister called it that~~

are u in PwC? my sister and i are both in pwc~

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Emily. said:
its CA now

and PwC is so much better than the rest, like miles and miles ahead. and at the rate pwc is going, the other 3 havent a chance of catching up
EY's clients are so much better though :)

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
Emily. said:
its CA now

to be honest, EY are actually catchin up to PwC...but im sure it will still be a few years before they are on top.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
do u have any actual proof to substantiate that claim?

rumours have it all 3 firms are rebuilding consultancy, in the 04 figures, pwc was generating about 50% more revenue than EY which was only a little bit ahead of KPMG.

doe

HSC
N/A
either of them will end up crushing your spirit :p

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
PWC have a theme song

and shush, all you people who think pwc arent the best
youre all wrong :p
plus, none of the other firms have an office in newcastle, that just shows their ignorance of the regional areas on australia

Cityboy

HSC
No one else has an office in Newcastle because Newcastle is a hole

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Rofl.. there are some other small 2nd tier firms who have offices there... Go to BRW and look up the Top Rural Accounting Firms or something^^

But the PwC theme songs are soo much cooler than the KPMG and EY ones! You heard them all Emily? I googled them (and foudn some on Lycos).

ishq

brown?
HSC
^ You're sad. You google theme songs for professional services firms.
You got PwC *thumbs up*. Lets not have a popularity contest about which firm is better.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Haha sorry... I had heard rumours of it so I had to find out to see what they were.

I'm guessing you got EY? Congrats~ maybe we'll all meet each other at uni one day and never realise we had once talked on BoS.

Thanks btw- If you haven't heard the theme songs you don't know what you are missing out on haha~

_jmz

HSC
N/A
hypocrite ishq. You parade on both this thread and the ey thread because of the exclusivity of your offer at ey, along with the other ey offered trainees. Yet you have a go at seremify for having a popularity contest on which firm is better? Everyone should stop being superficial and realise that nothing seperates the big4. Every firm is better for someone else. Although revenue in a way is an indicator of rank, don't you think people in the industry see through that bullshit and give accolades based on the type of deals or the complexity of the clients serviced?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
What you said is true... Different firms have very different cultures and that's what seperates the Big4. It's not to say which one is better than the other but Budgeted Revenue and Revenue per Partner are the only way to quantitatively compare them.

On a sidenote, whilst the pay may not differ that much in Big4 firms, did anyone see the article in BRW comparing Big4 and 2nd tier firms pay? It was quite interesting to see the differences "later on". Not to say the Big4 firm is better for the person, but it's just another quantitative measure we can use to compare and contrast. It's upto the individual to see which firm suits them best I suppose.

My friend is a very active, sporty, loud person and I thought he fitted into KPMG perfectly. I consider myself a bit more 'quiet' compared to him and I prefer to be a bit more 'reserved' and I think thats what made me more suited to PwC. Btw I apologise if I come off as being too pro my firm, but I guess when u think about it, we should all be grateful we have job security =]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)