• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Face2face Vs. Medentry Vs. NIE (1 Viewer)

joohau

HSC
Who has done the courses? Which one is good? What is your opinion of them? What would you recommend?

Thank you!

Together

HSC
From all the threads i read. its Medentry #1 hands down. then f2f and NIE as a no go. Not sure why... but yeh. I think its because of the difficulty of Medentry that allows you to overestimate the test.

hvf26

Awesome Member
HSC
From all the threads i read. its Medentry #1 hands down. then f2f and NIE as a no go. Not sure why... but yeh. I think its because of the difficulty of Medentry that allows you to overestimate the test.
no way is med entry the clear cut winner.
from all my uni friends whove actually done f2f and ME, they all said f2f was better
NIE i have no idea about, but due to its low level of popularity im going to assume it isnt great

ME and f2f materials both have their pros and cons, and the ME seminar is absolute crap. i went to f2f and the small group tutoring was really good, allowed you to ask questions about anything umat/med/hsc and also helped learn some of the techniques more efficiently

what id say is:
go to either course, doesnt matter which, and get your hands on both ME and f2f material to practice and get a wider range of skills

*edit* and wow, hsc in 2013, good way to get a head start haha, be careful if you do it too early though, youll need to update before your umat cos umat changes every year

whoisthis

HSC
N/A
no way is med entry the clear cut winner.
from all my uni friends whove actually done f2f and ME, they all said f2f was better
NIE i have no idea about, but due to its low level of popularity im going to assume it isnt great

ME and f2f materials both have their pros and cons, and the ME seminar is absolute crap. i went to f2f and the small group tutoring was really good, allowed you to ask questions about anything umat/med/hsc and also helped learn some of the techniques more efficiently

what id say is:
go to either course, doesnt matter which, and get your hands on both ME and f2f material to practice and get a wider range of skills

*edit* and wow, hsc in 2013, good way to get a head start haha, be careful if you do it too early though, youll need to update before your umat cos umat changes every year
i think you really need to take cost into account. AFAIK medentry is the most expensive followed by f2f and then by NIE? tbh prep really shouldn't be taken that seriously for the umat as the most you can do is familiarise yourself with the types of question they put forth and perhaps the common patterns in s3 (imo s3 is the section where prep helps the most if any).

if you're strapped for cash, go for NIE, if you really are paranoid about others getting an unfair advantage over you and have a lot of money to boot then go for F2F. ME is the middle ground i think. however, it's really debatable as to whether prep is really that important. i do know of people who got 100%ile with zero prep (except the ACER questions), and i know of people who got 0-20%ile with zero prep. it really does come down to the individual.

NIE really isn't that bad btw. one of the main advantages of NIE is that it's in the form of written manuals which are the most similar to the actual test. i think lots of people completely overestimate the importance of practice percentiles (that are provided by ME... not sure about F2F). imo practice percentiles should be taken with a grain of salt at most. they vary so much and are hardly worth paying attention to.

ugh, where are you getting this information from? i did ME and the questions were far easier than the actual umat. sometimes they're harder, sometimes they're easier, it's not so clear cut as that they're always harder.

correction edit: i meant f2f was the most expensive followed by medentry and then by NIE***

Last edited:

hvf26

Awesome Member
HSC
i think you really need to take cost into account. AFAIK medentry is the most expensive followed by f2f and then by NIE? tbh prep really shouldn't be taken that seriously for the umat as the most you can do is familiarise yourself with the types of question they put forth and perhaps the common patterns in s3 (imo s3 is the section where prep helps the most if any).

if you're strapped for cash, go for NIE, if you really are paranoid about others getting an unfair advantage over you and have a lot of money to boot then go for F2F. ME is the middle ground i think. however, it's really debatable as to whether prep is really that important. i do know of people who got 100%ile with zero prep (except the ACER questions), and i know of people who got 0-20%ile with zero prep. it really does come down to the individual.

NIE really isn't that bad btw. one of the main advantages of NIE is that it's in the form of written manuals which are the most similar to the actual test. i think lots of people completely overestimate the importance of practice percentiles (that are provided by ME... not sure about F2F). imo practice percentiles should be taken with a grain of salt at most. they vary so much and are hardly worth paying attention to.

ugh, where are you getting this information from? i did ME and the questions were far easier than the actual umat. sometimes they're harder, sometimes they're easier, it's not so clear cut as that they're always harder.
ah, i forgot to say that i didnt actually buy ME materials as well as f2f, thatd be a total waste of money, i agree
i did f2f and my friend had ME material so i bought them for $10 hahah
and me and my friends just trade our resources anyway =)
thats another idea to consider, trading resources, free and you get more questions to do

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
umat prep doesnt work if u are stupid. i recommend doing a few IQ tests first to see if the 500 bucks is going to waste. if you constantly get around 100-120 range then u probably wont get in via the undergrad pathway. may as well start preparing for the GAMSAT as that can be studied for.

hvf26

Awesome Member
HSC
umat prep doesnt work if u are stupid. i recommend doing a few IQ tests first to see if the 500 bucks is going to waste. if you constantly get around 100-120 range then u probably wont get in via the undergrad pathway. may as well start preparing for the GAMSAT as that can be studied for.
haha way to discourage some people :haha:
i still think regardless of your IQ you should still try in the umat

ultraman8

Banned
HSC
N/A
Bought my new phone for 700 =) PREP COURSE FTL Costs too much just try find free resources on the internet or ask your friends (preferably from different years cause some people are stingy about sharing and want to give themselves an advantage)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)