• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Facebook owns you (1 Viewer)

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Facebook: All Your Stuff Is Ours, Even If You Quit

The TOS says the following:
You hereby grant Facebook an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, fully paid, worldwide license (with the right to sublicense) to (a) use, copy, publish, stream, store, retain, publicly perform or display, transmit, scan, reformat, modify, edit, frame, translate, excerpt, adapt, create derivative works and distribute (through multiple tiers), any User Content you (i) Post on or in connection with the Facebook Service or the promotion thereof subject only to your privacy settings or (ii) enable a user to Post, including by offering a Share Link on your website and (b) to use your name, likeness and image for any purpose, including commercial or advertising, each of (a) and (b) on or in connection with the Facebook Service or the promotion thereof.
lol what

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
OOOO shit motherfucker I knew facebook was bad.

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
This just came up on my homepage, so I figure yall would already know, but whatevs.
I wonder if this means any information/photos uploaded during the 2 week period that the Terms of Use were changed are considered as being under the new ToS or the old one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)