• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Fail Fail Fail (1 Viewer)

Tabris

HSC
Who here has got back a catastrophic result from so much effort because you simply skipped over a minor point....

I just got back a 20% assignment, 8/20 and i found out that half of my reasoning was wrong jsut because i got facts wrong from step 1.....

Anyone had a similar experience?

X

xeuyrawp

No, I havent. :p

Okay I have. :'(

I got some hideous mark in some fucking 'find the infinitives' online German test. I really, really hate German.

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
Not yet at Uni but in yr12 i screwed up an essay because I used a biased ancient source without realising it was biased. So I said this was fact and got 7/20 for it.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
At school I got a couple of catastrophic marks. The scary thing is that I started and finished those exams feeling exactly as I did with exams I did normal / unbelievably well in.

X

xeuyrawp

Gilbert1 said:
Not yet at Uni but in yr12 i screwed up an essay because I used a biased ancient source without realising it was biased. So I said this was fact and got 7/20 for it.
TOMAC!

mserica

HSC
I have been in your situation, failed a mid term - and i have a few friends that have failed assessments etc one girlfriend in particular failed assessment worth 25% and she put at least three solid weeks of work into it (Usually she does it the weekend before). But worked her arse off for the exam and got a high Pass.

I failed a mid term for this semester of which I put more effort into it than any other exam in my entire life, yet still failed... so now am working my butt off so that by the time exam comes around I should be up to date and be able to pass. The way i look at it is that there is nothing you can now do, except put in 110% so that you dont have to do it again.

I wouldnt stress until you fail two assessments in the one subject !!

Keep your head up, I'm sure you will do fine!!

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
mserica said:
I have been in your situation, failed a mid term - and i have a few friends that have failed assessments etc one girlfriend in particular failed assessment worth 25% and she put at least three solid weeks of work into it (Usually she does it the weekend before). But worked her arse off for the exam and got a high Pass.

I failed a mid term for this semester of which I put more effort into it than any other exam in my entire life, yet still failed... so now am working my butt off so that by the time exam comes around I should be up to date and be able to pass. The way i look at it is that there is nothing you can now do, except put in 110% so that you dont have to do it again.

I wouldnt stress until you fail two assessments in the one subject !!

Keep your head up, I'm sure you will do fine!!
I once copied a major project/assignment...it was the accg250 myob thing. The only thing I altered were a couple of spelling mistakes. I ended up getting 60%....I was so furious.

3 other people with exactly the same assignment had marks of 75%, 88% and 90%.

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
ouch, that just sux...

I think i can vaguely recall a few times that has happened to me in high school

...ah, HSC is a pleasantly distant bad memory

-P_D

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
redruM said:
I once copied a major project/assignment...it was the accg250 myob thing. The only thing I altered were a couple of spelling mistakes. I ended up getting 60%....I was so furious.

3 other people with exactly the same assignment had marks of 75%, 88% and 90%.
rofl

woo-hoo for browsing at 2am, i haven't done this for way too long

Last edited:

iwannarock

HSC
i've only had one catastrophic moment.

4/15 for a law problem. it was only worth 15% though.

and lots of people did bad.

but that is the one and only time the mark actually reflected the effort i put in.

i get lucky. *touch wood*

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
IWR, are you talking about the property law exam thingo? That was awful, everyone did absolutely terribly.

Owen, this doesnt happen to be the dreaded contracts assessment, does it? Because as I remember a lot of people did crap in that, too, back in the day. All because you get the starting facts wrong, and it is a flow-on effect. Terrible.

But it is only 20% :D

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
Many times i've spent weeks on an essay and got pretty disappointing results.
Once I spent 4 days on an essay (which is incredibly short for me) and got a really high mark.

So I really have nfi what i'll get when i hand in an assessment. They probably pick out a grade from a hat...

iwannarock

HSC
MaryJane said:
IWR, are you talking about the property law exam thingo? That was awful, everyone did absolutely terribly.

Owen, this doesnt happen to be the dreaded contracts assessment, does it? Because as I remember a lot of people did crap in that, too, back in the day. All because you get the starting facts wrong, and it is a flow-on effect. Terrible.

But it is only 20% :D
yep....property law first semester.

it was a disaster.

i missed so much stuff in the facts. and didn't even do simple stuff.

but i guess i made up for it with the essay and exam.

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
in stat170! and dem127.. you get the first question wrong then all the connecting questions are wrong aswell. =\ sigh

P

pLuvia

Don't they give follow through error marks?

Well I failed my ECON110 assessment, worth 10% :(

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
pLuvia said:
Don't they give follow through error marks?

Well I failed my ECON110 assessment, worth 10% :(
Yay, i got a PC :rofl:

-P_D

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
Unfortunately my Dem127 final exam is worth 70%
BLAH!
If i fail this I'm fudged!

Tabris

HSC
I failed my in-lecture essay, i got 9/20, but i still got through with a distinction from the quizzes, class participation, assignment and final

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
Tabris said:
I failed my in-lecture essay, i got 9/20, but i still got through with a distinction from the quizzes, class participation, assignment and final
What subject?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)