• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Fertiliser exp (1 Viewer)

xionethic

HSC
is all of the lawn fertiliser soluble in warm distilled water. if its not then what remainder particles are floating around and how should i improve the method then

Tatly

HSC
It should all be soluable, although varying depending on amounts used
If having trouble, add HCl. As this will also remove any carbonates etc from the fertiliser whilst making it more soluable.

- A little more info might be helpful to answer your question. :)

Last edited:

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
I'm not sure about your given samples but in common experiments at school level, we are provided with aqueous-soluble white solid which you can dissolve in not-neccessary-warm water.

Arowana21

HSC
N/A
depending on ur fertiliser, but usually doesnt really matter.
The experiment we ended up doing was bad! seriously
we diluted sulfate of ammonia(fertiliser) in water, after added barium chloride filtrated it, when filtrate was NEARLY done the filter paper broke, how annoying is that!!!!!!

Tatly

HSC
xionethic said:
is all of the lawn fertiliser soluble in warm distilled water. if its not then what remainder particles are floating around and how should i improve the method then
Through the method you took, all the fertiliser will definatly be soluble. Looks good to me.

margaret-lise

HSC
xionethic said:
you assume that the element your testing for is all ionized (dissolved in the water) so when you filter it goes with the water and what you dont want is left of the filter paper
what are you doing exactly?

xionethic

HSC
the sulfate content experiment in lawn fertiliser. pretty simple now since i did my method.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)